Leg Band Injury

Any changes on these sweet birds? I hate to say they're lucky because of their awful start to life, but they're lucky to finally be in caring and capable hands. You and your friend are amazing for doing everything you're doing. As for the farmer asking for them back once they're healed.......... I won't even get started on my thoughts. I would love to know if he removed the bands from the other growing chicks. His neglect will probably impact these birds for the rest of their lives. I hope they are doing better. I'll continue to cheer them and their new families on

Any changes on these sweet birds? I hate to say they're lucky because of their awful start to life, but they're lucky to finally be in caring and capable hands. You and your friend are amazing for doing everything you're doing. As for the farmer asking for them back once they're healed.......... I won't even get started on my thoughts. I would love to know if he removed the bands from the other growing chicks. His neglect will probably impact these birds for the rest of their lives. I hope they are doing better. I'll continue to cheer them and their new families on

For good or bad, there's nothing new to report. The chicks are hanging tough and my friend is doing what she can to get them happy and healthy. My friend is going to try a booty for the curled toes - she says the toes are flexible and have some strength. It's worth a shot, but curled toes are the least of the worries here.

As for the farmer, I guess it wasn't really a farmer. Just an obscenely wealth couple that keep livestock and poultry as accessory items to their 'quaint country lifestyle.' And no, I haven't heard of any additional banding injuries. I can't even tell if you any of the other birds were banded. I am still so mad about this whole.

Back
Top Bottom