Leg Mites? How to Treat? Please Help! Pics. Included!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
RIR=Rhode Island RED....not white. He is also not a Rhode Island White. RIWs are white birds with no other colors. He is more than likely a mix of breeds.....doesn't make him a bad bird.....just not a RIR.

I agree, he is definately NOT a RIW. Looks like a mix to me.

X2..mix.. or a golden comet?

Last edited:
Quote:
And you wonder why people dont respond and help you out..
Think about your attitude..
Wow...

Last edited:
I only had one roo that got leg mites once.From a tip from friend Mix about 1-2 oz of sulpher powder to a whole jar of pet. jelly.Try to put a fresh coat on every day or so.After about a week or two dry it all off with a buffy like cloth.The buufing gently will remove the dead mite scales.It's been a while but you may find the right mix online.It may be 1 0z. sorry.Supher powder is readily available at most mill's or farm supply.Lot of old time farmer's here use it for cows pig's sheep goats dogs etc.

I'm just so frustrated that people keep putting Jasper down and trying to tell me what he's not. Please! I will stop posting pics of him. I just thought i could get some help about leg mites and good comments about him (great comb, nice tail, pretty feathers, etc.) I will change my signature to who knows what and keep my chicken's breeds to myself from now on.

Last edited:
Quote:
Not one of us has put your rooster down. He, however is not a RIR....no matter what your neighbor said.

Like Redhen said you whine that no one answers your posts.....why would we want to when you have a temper tantrum.

barnie.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
hmm.png
sad.png
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Chick Lover,

Jasper is an absolutely gorgeous bird, but that has little to do with which breed he is or isn't. No one is putting Jasper down. They are simply trying to help you by correcting some misinformation you may have been given. You should be thankful for that and you should take their advice.

I really just hope your trollin' because if you are old enough to be posting on an internet forum unsupervised, you are old enough to behave yourself, act appropriately and know the difference between a 'dis, and a statement of fact.

And by the way, he is wicked cute!

Last edited:
this is no longer an emergency. It has turned into people trying to tell others the supposed breed of a rooster named Jasper. It is no longer about leg mites or a cure for them.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I feel so bad for Jasper, now that he knows he has been lied to his entire life. What should I say to people who will buy the chicks that are supposed to be RIR/Amberlink???
hide.gif

Quote:
Jasper doesn't care what breed he is.....all he knows is that he's a rooster. Whether you want to believe those of us who've been raising chickens for much, much longer than you've been alive and some of us probably longer than your parents have been alive, is up to you.

You can tell people who buy your chicks that they are mixed breed....which is what an amber link is anyway....a mixed breed chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom