Kate89

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2020
Hey is this leg mites?

Attachments

• 74BB3CAC-045A-4DC4-B6E7-1A16A0B67C62.jpeg
    74BB3CAC-045A-4DC4-B6E7-1A16A0B67C62.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 24
If you're referring to the scales flaking at the joint, that is quite minor, and you'll often see such a scenario in older birds on a regular basis. The degree to which the scales would be lifted would be much emphasized if the problem was related to a scaley leg mite infestation.

As long as it doesn't worsen too much, I wouldn't do anything here. If the skin begins to flake more, you may consider starting her on vitamin A, as a deficiency in that particular vitamin can cause dermal problems, or if it worsens severy to the point the scales are pointing straight outwards, starting treatment for scaly leg mites would be advised.

If you're referring to the scales flaking at the joint, that is quite minor, and you'll often see such a scenario in older birds on a regular basis. The degree to which the scales would be lifted would be much emphasized if the problem was related to a scaley leg mite infestation.

As long as it doesn't worsen too much, I wouldn't do anything here. If the skin begins to flake more, you may consider starting her on vitamin A, as a deficiency in that particular vitamin can cause dermal problems, or if it worsens severy to the point the scales are pointing straight outwards, starting treatment for scaly leg mites would be advised.
She is only like 20 weeks old
Just got them from Frey’s hatchery

She is only like 20 weeks old
Just got them from Frey’s hatchery

I have plenty of young birds that have some flaking, judging from the picture it's not all that bad. Flaking in that particular area is common as that's where the joint bends often.

Back
Top Bottom