Leg Shivering issues in Partridge Brahma 3months of age.

Dorinkashi

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2016
Hi Guys !!
I have a serious issue to discuss here with :
My Partridge Brahma Cock of 3 months of age, fully covered with feathers even shinny feathers has issue of LEG SHIVERING, it is healthy and perfectly fine by looks, eats good and no visible sign of sickness.
This issue became noticeable 20 days ago, As I said Cock is looking fine so we didnt consider it much, but now It needs some attention.
this birds is oversized compartively of its age. Cock have a plenty of space to run around, and eats good.
at very beginning Bird is gone through a complete antibiotic course, also with routine Vitamins. But issue is still exist , No visible injury even muscle relaxation course also done.

I would like to know what would be the issue with it, and how to cure it.

Hi Guys !!
I have a serious issue to discuss here with :
My Partridge Brahma Cock of 3 months of age, fully covered with feathers even shinny feathers has issue of LEG SHIVERING, it is healthy and perfectly fine by looks, eats good and no visible sign of sickness.
This issue became noticeable 20 days ago, As I said Cock is looking fine so we didnt consider it much, but now It needs some attention.
this birds is oversized compartively of its age. Cock have a plenty of space to run around, and eats good.
at very beginning Bird is gone through a complete antibiotic course, also with routine Vitamins. But issue is still exist , No visible injury even muscle relaxation course also done.

I would like to know what would be the issue with it, and how to cure it.
Can you post some photos or video of his actions?
Is it one or both legs?
What type of food/treats do you feed?
Was he vaccinated for Marek's?
Did you give antibiotics because of the leg shivering or did he have other symptoms(if so, what were they) - what antibiotic did you give?

It's hard to know what would be the cause of leg shivering. Since he is fairly young and you noticed it beginning 20days ago, then I
personally would suspect some type of genetic/developmental or neurological disorder. There are illnesses/diseases that could possibly cause similar symptoms as well, but without testing/necropsy there is no way to know.

Can you take him to a vet for any testing?

Can you post some photos or video of his actions?
Is it one or both legs?
What type of food/treats do you feed?
Was he vaccinated for Marek's?
Did you give antibiotics because of the leg shivering or did he have other symptoms(if so, what were they) - what antibiotic did you give?

It's hard to know what would be the cause of leg shivering. Since he is fairly young and you noticed it beginning 20days ago, then I
personally would suspect some type of genetic/developmental or neurological disorder. There are illnesses/diseases that could possibly cause similar symptoms as well, but without testing/necropsy there is no way to know.

Can you take him to a vet for any testing?
Thnkx for ur reply

* I think its both legs are affected,
* Poultry Feed available all the time, and Wheat,Mash Corn & Sago Porrdige with milk and Banana twice a day,
* No its not vaccinated with Maerk's,
* Antibiotics given him for this issue only, otherwise he is perfectly fine,
* No we didnt consult any VET yet.

Try offering some poultry vitamins containing B2(riboflavin) or you can use human B-complex vitamins (no iron) - just crush one up and put it in his food. Also give him some extra protein like egg, tuna, mackerel or meat. It's possible it could be vitamin/nutritional related.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like his legs are bowed? He may have a genetic/developmental disorder like Valgus Varus, which may progress and become worse as he grows and gets heavier.

https://www.merckvetmanual.com/poul.../noninfectious-skeletal-disorders-in-broilers
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Back
Top Bottom