Legal in city illegal in HOA.

Is stealthy chickening a terrible idea?

• Terrible idea

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Doooo itttt!

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
I mean. I get what you are saying but I find the wording a little bit vague. Who defines what a “customary household pet” is? I’ve seen some discussions on “poultry” referring to flocks of 10+ And a few hens as pets. I just thought maybe I could get some help interpreting the language in the covenant

098B3C61-EC50-4B8A-BB9A-AE5B962FECEF.png

I don't find the wording vague. The phrase "no animals, livestock or poultry shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot" says it all. Chickens (and ducks, quail, pheasants, guineas, geese, pigeons, emus, etc) are not allowed.
Agree.

OP I think you are seeing the wording as vague y because you want it to be so. It also seems that what you are really looking for here is to have someone agree with you and support the decision that you appear to have already made which is to have the birds.

Oh dear! I can imagine that you feel heartbroken about not being able to own poultry! I have to agree with what quite a few people have said though. I really don’t recommend ignoring the HOA rules. If you pray, pray for God to open up a good house that’s near schools your son needs and has NO HOA! We recently moved. It took us FOREVER to find the perfect house but we did! We are on .92 acres, in a fantastic neighborhood, have no HOA, and are in a great location! Our chickens can stay:ya
Well, I hope that you have a blessed day and a fantastic week! Good luck!

What you could do is start to work to change the regulations within the each away. I would start by speaking with as many other residents as you can to determine if they would find the proposal of being able to keep backyard poultry objectionable or not. This would give you information to take to the HOA board in the form of a petition to make a change if you have garnered enough support

If that is the route you choose to take I would suggest you start by researching the ordinances not only within your city that you have already found but also other cities and if possible find some regulations for HOA ways that do allow such activities. This would give you a framework to present them that would show that you've done a fair amount of research and have a fair proposal that would set reasonable limits and regulations for the allowance. Also do not automatically discard any objections you do here while talking to other residents. Rather take that as an opportunity to formulate a response that could show that those concerns could be addressed

Back
Top Bottom