Legbar? Brown Leghorn? EE? What did I pick up!?

Boy was I fooled! I'm a novice in chicken ID so don't listen to me, but my initial reaction was that Macaroni is a Brown Leghorn bc of the coloring, the tall tail, and the white earlobes (she looks just like my BL and I missed the crest, lol!). But I am not at all familiar with CCLB, so .... and Gouda is EE all the way and she is beautiful! I'm very prejudiced, EE are my first love and I also love anything blue. Plus SHE SO FLUFFFFYYYYY!!! 😆😆😆
Her floofy cheeks are the best!!!!

UPDATE! We have our first egg from one of the new goils and it’s a lovely brown egg. I don’t know who laid it but tada!
Edit: to update we think Gouda laid this.
4812B4DD-34D7-4A62-843C-7AB175837501.jpeg

Last edited:
We recently picked up 2 laying hens from a fb group. The owner wasn’t too sure which chickens laid which eggs and they were sold to her as group of “rare” breeds. So, with it going in to winter they probably won’t lay for a bit. So until we get egg color to go off of, any thoughts on what breeds we picked up?

Macaroni (the lighter brown colored one) View attachment 2433291and
Gouda (the smoky gray one) View attachment 2433294
They could be mixes for all I know. 🤷‍♀️ Anyway I’ll take any guesses!
So far I’ve heard guess that Macaroni could be a legbar? But she was either picked on at her old coop or there was a rough rooster or she is/was molting, so she looks a bit rough. I don’t see a crest but 🙃
Gouda we are assuming is a mix or EE or whatever you wanna call it?
More photos below
The first hen looks like a cream legbar. The second, I would have to say is some sort of orpington, maybe a lavender, or an EE

Back
Top Bottom