Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
caf.gif

Quote:
In some pictures, it looks to me like they might be trying to get to blue on extended black, but having lost the melanisers, (possibly with dilute?).

What is probably equally important is identifying where the buff/gold/lemon colouring should be--on both cock and hen, and if there is any particular secondary patterning or not. Also, the amounts of each colouring--in some of the photos the birds are predominantly buff with a little blue, in others mostly blue and in others about half & half.

What is probably equally important is identifying where the buff/gold/lemon colouring should be--on both cock and hen, and if there is any particular secondary patterning or not. Also, the amounts of each colouring--in some of the photos the birds are predominantly buff with a little blue, in others mostly blue and in others about half & half.

Well quite.....though not all of the phenotypes posted are possible to stabilise into something that will breed true even within the parameters of what is expected of blue.​

Quote:
I do not think one can call it a color until the color breeds true. JMO

Well, blue doesn't breed true
wink.png
Predictably, but not true
wink.png

I think one can name the goal before it is achieved; it certainly makes communication easier to have a name to use rather than sayig over and over "that bluish yellowish coloured bird we are trying to create."

However, coming up with a working standard is also important so that different breeders have the same goals, or if their goals differ, they are at least aware of the differences.

Good point. I had not thought of it that way.

Ok, so it has been a little over a month since I last posted on BYC. My nursing career has me pretty tied down, but I am still managing my little flock!

kelliepulido I noticed your two roosters! Stunning Boys you have there!

Here are a few new pictures of my 6 babies from Lynn. There daddy is her stunning 'Lemon Boy' Cochin.

My Group of 6

IMG_3296.jpg

My Buff/Blue looking Roo (He is the Boss man of the flock)

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

With his Brother the Blue Roo who is second in command.

IMG_3293.jpg

This is my Blue Roo with his Buddy the Showgirl (I got her from FowlsRUS)

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

I love my Dark Blue pullet, look at the color on her chest!

IMG_3283.jpg

My two Splash Girls with their sister a Blue pullet

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

My lemon blue bantam cochins.......about four months old....

Any opinions or comments on them are welcome
smile.png

A Pullet:
lemonbluepullet3.jpg

A Cockerel
lemonblueroo1104a.jpg

Last edited:
Some of them are heading towards blue (or splash) buff columbian, others look like blues with leakage. Basically typical of what one would expect given the possible genes from the initial cross.

As Sonoran Silkies asked earlier in the thread. Precisely what colour is being aimed for?

Back
Top Bottom