Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Quote:
I like your hens a lot. Have you thought about getting a really nice brown/red roo to use with them? There are a lot of nice brown/reds out there.

I have to stop stalking the " cochins " everytime I see something I WANT it!! Your birds are beautiful !!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I was looking at them at ON as well...

Quick question

If I get splash blue cochin eggs from someone and then get lemon blue cochin eggs from other person and cross them

do you get splash lemon blue? or just blues with gold leakage..
if none of the two what would you get?

Quote:
Correct for Lemon Blue or not, these are SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!! I love that color on the roo, he is just amazing.
This isn't fair, there are too many really cool varieties of chickens, and I don't have room for some of everything.
hit.gif

Quote:
I havent. My foundation stock produces a "brown red" as well as the "lemon blues"
I kept one pullet that was brown red, so I'll try crossing her with the lb roo.

59356_image_150.jpg

I was thinking to just cross LB x LB and didnt think the brown reds would produce anything LB until I saw the "genetic box" posted a few pages back. So I'll give them a try!

Thanks for the comments guys! I know the "lemon blues" arent "pure" but I was hoping to hear what others thought of my "variation"
Thanks!!

Are you aware that lemon/blue can never breed true? If you breed lemon blue to lemon blue you'll get splash and ??? not sure what. Don't know what the "lemon" does when bred to itself. Two dilutes bred together just produce double dilutes which is generally pretty washed out. If you breed to a brown/red, you'll maintain your rich color AND get the good type which you need. Your roos tail is not very good and he's pretty ..... tall. Don't forget you want a volleyball.

Quote:
All he is genetically is a lemon blue roo with 2 copies of the blue gene. Yes, he can be reproduced...just like the splash from your typical blue genetics. If you breed the roo in the pic above to lemon blue hens you will get 50% Lemon Blue and 50% sport/splash lemon blue.
wink.png

Thank you for the compliment
smile.png

Here is the break down of Lemon Blue

Brown Red x Lemon Blue = 50% Brown Reds & 50% Lemon Blue
Lemon Blue X Lemon Blue = 25% Brown Reds, 50% Lemon Blue, 25% Sport/Splash Lemon Blue
Lemon Blue X Sport/Splash Lemon Blue = 50% Lemon Blue & 50% Sport/Splash Lemon Blue
Sport/Splash Lemon Blue X Sport/Splash Lemon Blue = 100% Sport/Splash Lemon Blue

I am not sure how many generation it would take to make Lemon Blues by breeding Brown Red to Blue, this would be a outcross to Blue bird(aka a diluted Black bird).

going by this - LB x LB will produce 25% LB
which I was aware that they dont breed true.
Also the roo isnt actually that tall - he was on alert as he gets chased by the other roo in the pen and he is only about 6 months old and hasnt finished filling out.

I just recently found the above chart and thats why I mentioned I would add the brown red pullet to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom