Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Quote:
Hi, congrats on the hatch. There is nothing better than baby cochin chicks! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but we had a tornado hit our area. We are fine, but the power was off for 5 days -- just came back on a little while ago.

All of the yellow chicks will be spalsh and it looks like at least 6 of those. The darker ones will be blue --also looks like maybe 5 or 6 of those too, and a couple that may go either way. There is a chance that a couple of them will be lemon blues, but that won't show until they begin to feather out. It will start out looking like a little gold lace collar once they begin to feather, so you will know in a few weeks. All of them will be split so when you breed these back to each other you will begin to get the Lemon Blues. You would definitely want to keep the best of the blues to breed and you might want to keep some of the better splashes as well. I really think that the Lemon Splashs are also really pretty.

When our power went out, I had eggs in lockdown (and some others in the bator as well). I put towels over the two bators and hoped for the best, but the temps fell over night (I wasn't going out in the thunderstorm and tornadoes!) The next morning i put the eggs under a couple of broody hens and hoped for the best. I know have 7 little chickies under the hen and more scheduled to hatch next week.)

Robert

Quote:
I don't show, so .... But this color is on the list of ABA colors for Bantam Cochins, so I would think that means they are a showable color. (But I could be wrong).

Robert

Quote:
Robert, sorry to hear about your eggs, but very glad to hear that you are ok.

These little guys are the funniest chicks I have ever had. They sleep ALL the time - found 3 face down in the food dish and one asleep with beak tip in the water bowl earlier today.
th.gif
I had to separate them from their hatch-mate welsummers and banty ameracaunas, the were getting trampled and it was interfering with naptime.

I have 4 more LB eggs that I just put in the incubator last night, along with 2 blue and 2 red, from renegade ridge. Still stalking the elusive brown red
smile.png

Quote:
Aw, why? I saw his pic, and he's a very handsome boy. If you do decide to get rid of him, I doubt you'll have any trouble finding a new home for him.

Quote:
If you sell him, let me know. I might be interested. I have 12+ chicks I hatched out of someone's Lemons. If I don't get a nice cockerel out of the bunch, I will need a good rooster.

Back
Top Bottom