Lemon Cuckoo Orpington Auction!

Quote:
Not sure if you're talking to me or Starwalker, but I'll answer just the same. I just hatched his first batch of offspring and can't tell yet which will be barred...it's hard to see the dots on the buff background!

I was talking to you Kelly
smile.png
Keep us posted, huh? I hope they all have awesome barring for you.

Starwalker: your birds are beautiful. I'm glad you got good business in hard times. It gave me better appreciation for my own somewhat lemon cuckoos--certainly not as beautiful as yours. I was only going to keep the one because he had such a nice personality. Now, not only am I keeping him, I brought home another from my brother in law! Both roos though.
hmm.png

I scooped up the egg auction yesterday—Happy day!
smile.png
smile.png

There's another set up for auction now though, if folks are interested.

Gorgeous birds. So excited to get them into the incubator and get things hatching!

Quote:
Apparently- you only need one buff barred roo to start your own flock of lemon cuckoos. Too bad there aren't any English buff hens available.( maybe there are?) THOSE would be some babies to drool over! Not crazy about the barring though- unless it's blue. Lav would be so nice........

Well, I hope it only takes a roo. I was looking at the process using the genetics calculator, and it looks like I won't get barring until the second generation? I guess I'll just have to try and see. My roos sure are pretty boys and the younger one has some nice barring with less leakage in the tail. I'm not going to have exhibition quality -- just pretty backyard birds.

Glad to see you back around Starwalker. Sorry for your troubles and the hassle you have gotten here. I dont understand how or why people here are so hypocritical about what you are doing, when most of them condoned GFF and them doing virtually the same thing? Keep at it, your persistence and hard work is paying off.

Back
Top Bottom