Lemon Cuckoo Orpington Auction!

Quote:
Like this:
6809_dscn3831.jpg

Quote:
where did you get it from. really cute. not every baby comes out with the correct coloring. sometimes stuff crops up, I breed silkies and even though all my breeders have the correct 5 toes every now and then I get a four toed bird
roll.png

Quote:
I'd go with Buff Rock and not worry about the yellow beak and legs coming back, like you'd have to with the Orps. That would be a gorgeous bird!

Thanks for posting Renee ~ she has a beautiful personality to match too
big_smile.png

She is our baby either way, but I hope the Rock breed are as hardy as Orps? Because that was what I researched to death and the conclusion was Orpington to be our breed of choice
tongue.png

Edit: aww if she is not an Orpington I have to change my forum signature
hit.gif

Last edited:
Hey, II can you get a better picture of her legs, beak, and body in natural light? I think it would be better for folks to see in person to see if it is indeed a mutt or a Lemon Cuckoo Orp. There are MANY good Orpington breeders on this site and with the proper pictures they can get a good idea of what you have. Jody HinkJC is great at it!!

Also remember Lemon Cuckoo's are a project. I find different pictures reflect different color's and If for some reason it does wind-up being a rock/orp mix, Both of those breeds weather well for winter and are both great egg layers
wink.png
Ispeak from exp. in that dept and live in your home state. I love both breeds equally
smile.png

No worries I promise
big_smile.png

Quote:

Hi and Yes Beth, I will post photos probably later today - oops at highjacking this thread, perhaps I will make a new thread.

Yesterday we purchased a true Buff Orp hen (one of 25 which were all identical except for one buff Roo showing lots of red comb that stuck out like a sore thumb) and I can say the legs are the same exact "fleshy" color on both of my little babies - the cuckoo color and the buff color. We had them outside in natural light for a good look.

Back
Top Bottom