Leopard gecko questions.

Cute little leopard gecko! I use to have one and i miss him! Start yourself a dubia roach colony. That way you will never have to buy feeder insects again. Plus they are way healthier then crickets and mealworms nutritional wise!

Cute little leopard gecko! I use to have one and i miss him! Start yourself a dubia roach colony. That way you will never have to buy feeder insects again. Plus they are way healthier then crickets and mealworms nutritional wise!

I would if I could! I live and Florida and dubias are illegal here. Florida is a easy place for them to invade and mess with the environment, so they aren't legal here.

I wouldn’t put him with the bearded dragons. They might eat him.

He isn't going in with either of my bearded dragons. They would most certainly eat him. They don't like each other either, so the enclosures face away from one another and they can't see each other. Not to mention they need totally different setups than beardies.

Very cute little guy! I love that you’re helping him out... sounds like he’s managed to come through two people that weren’t ready for the care of reptiles to get to you. It’s good of the little girl to try and give him a home, and even better that you’ve been put in a position to save him. Too often small reptiles get purchased as pets by people with no idea of their needs... a happy outcome for what could have been a very sad, miserable, and short life.

Here's a better picture of him, though I think he might be a she. I might be wrong with my limited knowledge.
Photo Editor-20190324_193954.jpg

It is missing a toe, but nothing else seems wrong. Does the tail look good? Decent fat proportions? Anything abnormal? It's about three inches long, and is 7 grams.

Any idea on age? I know unless you know the hatch date it's pretty much impossible to accurately tell the age, but I'd thought I ask.

She in the 29 gallon tank with the heat light with a few hides and a humid hide. A water bowl and some calcium are available to her.

The UTH, thermostat and the temp gun should be coming Tuesday.

@Kris5902 I wish people would stop getting pets they have no idea how care for, especially when they're getting it for a child. Chicks, ducklings, bunnies and reptiles shouldn't be brought on a whim. Or any other animal for that matter.

Here's a better picture of him, though I think he might be a she. I might be wrong with my limited knowledge.
View attachment 1713213

It is missing a toe, but nothing else seems wrong. Does the tail look good? Decent fat proportions? Anything abnormal? It's about three inches long, and is 7 grams.

Any idea on age? I know unless you know the hatch date it's pretty much impossible to accurately tell the age, but I'd thought I ask.

She in the 29 gallon tank with the heat light with a few hides and a humid hide. A water bowl and some calcium are available to her.

The UTH, thermostat and the temp gun should be coming Tuesday.

@Kris5902 I wish people would stop getting pets they have no idea how care for, especially when they're getting it for a child. Chicks, ducklings, bunnies and reptiles shouldn't be brought on a whim. Or any other animal for that matter.

A good rule of thumb is the tail should be as fat as the neck.

Did you check for pre-anal pores? That'll tell you the gender :) As long as she's about 5 to 6 inches long, she's old enough to sex that way.

A good rule of thumb is the tail should be as fat as the neck.

Did you check for pre-anal pores? That'll tell you the gender :) As long as she's about 5 to 6 inches long, she's old enough to sex that way.

She's about three to four inches long, but I haven't measured her just yet. I didn't see any pre-anal pores, thats why I'm leaning towards female.

Apparently the girl has had it since December (!) and she might be about 6 months old. This poor little baby has been in a tiny plastic container with little care for so long!

Back
Top Bottom