Votes: 65 35.3%
  • 5-8

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • 9-12

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • I lost count

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters
I don't understand why it is so difficult to think of a rooster going into a stew pot yet most of us think nothing of eating bacon, hamburger, chicken fried steak, barbecued beef, hot dogs, etc. If a rooster's life is sacred, then all life should be. If you can't do the deed yourself, hire it done. I do, but only because I know I can't do it properly and won't torture the poor beast.
To me hiring someone to kill an animal is equal to doing it yourself in the cruelty/lack of compassion/all lives matter area. So that has nevef been a solution to the dilema. I think we feel we have no c ontrol in affecting the food industry; it is so powerful; but we do in our chicken community. Make a bit of sense?

To me hiring someone to kill an animal is equal to doing it yourself in the cruelty/lack of compassion/all lives matter area. So that has nevef been a solution to the dilema. I think we feel we have no c ontrol in affecting the food industry; it is so powerful; but we do in our chicken community. Make a bit of sense?
I don't subscribe to the "cruelty/ lack of compassion/ all lives matter" philosophy, if by that you mean nobody should eat any animal flesh, ever, or that no animals should be killed for consumption. I have no problem eating meat (clean meats, that is, see Lev. 11, Deut. 14), but I do believe animals should be treated humanely both in life and in death. Unfortunately I can't control all of that. I agree with you that I can control it in my chickens, so I do. My Mennonite lady assures me she dispatches my chickens quickly and humanely. I repeat, I am old, feeble and inexperienced and cannot do it quickly or humanely. That's why I pay her to do it for me. I still assume full responsibility. But to me there is neither guilt nor shame involved, as God granted permission to both kill and eat.

God Bless You for giving these boy chickens a safe and kind home for all their life! That is what i want to do but im only on an acre and am 70. Have 9 boys and 8 girls and keep them semi separate. Very labor intensive but believe everyones happy. How big is your place? What kind of dogs/how to train to like chivkens?šŸ’—
I'm on a 1/4 acre I currently have 25 roosters in my batchler coop and 8 in my main coop I'm also 41 it is alot to care for with both coops I don't recommend it for everyone and my dogs are beagles the get along with all of my birds I have ducks too the dogs have never seamed to care about them

I'm on a 1/4 acre I currently have 25 roosters in my batchler coop and 8 in my main coop I'm also 41 it is alot to care for with both coops I don't recommend it for everyone and my dogs are beagles the get along with all of my birds I have ducks too the dogs have never seamed to care about them
All that on a 1/4 acre? Are these all intended for meat?

Back
Top Bottom