Let the showgirl odyssey begin! HATCHING 5/27 C'Mon in!!

My incubator is cheeping!
I think I'm gonna call off work tonight
wink.png

Is the lower humidity better for showgirls? I just hatched cuckoo marans keeping humidity between 55-60% until day 18 then bumped the humidity up to 65-70% and had an awesome hatch. I have a hodge podge in now, got some silkies on the way I'm going to add to bator. Right now I'm keeping humidity like before at 55-60%.

This is my first time hatching silkies. I kept the humidity in the 30s until day 18, then bumped it up to upper 50's. I'm expexcting them to hatch in the next 48 hours or so, so I can let you know how it goes.
I'm also using an egg carton. I believe Insiderart is using an egg carton method, too. I'm trying a bunch of new things this time since my last hatch didn't go so well.

FIRST PIP!!!!
I call first pip!!
HORRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!
I called off work for tonight. I'm so excited!! It's the egg my son picked!! He'll be soooo excited. I was typing away and I heard CRACK and , sure enough, I got a pip!

I have a real over-achiever here... the little mille fleur is zipping already! It hasn't even been 2 hours since 1st pip.
Apparently the egg carton & increased humidity tips worked well. I wasn't even expecting a pip 'till tomorrow.
Insiderart, did you keep your eggs in the carton for the hatch?

Back
Top Bottom