Lethargic an shaking chick

lisamarie03

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2016
I am new to having chickens and I have a rainbow chicken I got from TS. She was fine this morning, when I came home I noticed her just laying in the corner of the run and she was shaking. I took her inside and gave her water with electrolyte and probiotic in it. She drank that but she won't eat anything. Could this be from the heat? Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you in advance.

She just pooped. Does this look normal.

Do you have heat for her? How old is she? Chicks need 90 degrees of heat the first week, and decrease by 5 degrees per week, always providing a cooler spot to get to if they are overheated. Chicks will have runny droppings if they are drinking more water. Can you get some SaveAChick electrolytes to put in her water, and make sure that she is drinking it or give it with a dropper? Offer her a little raw egg mixed with some feed and water. Chicks from feed stores or hatcheries can suffer from shipping stress. Giving electrolytes as often as possible early can help.

If you find out please do let me know, mine is not shaking but her poop is almost identical. I posted "confused about mild lethargy" tonight.

Back
Top Bottom