Lethargic brahma. White poop.

dramabrahma

Chirping
May 3, 2022
Latvia
Hello!

Yesterday morning our brahma chicken (6months old) was very lethargic and I could just tell she wasn’t feeling ok. She didn’t eat or drink much.
I tried finding a doctor that could help, but I could only find one that can take us in soonest on Monday. And a lady that offered helping us over the phone. I sent her some videos and she said it looks like our brahma has an upset stomach. She suggested we give her Bvitamin complex to drink and some ginger.
Today we did the same, no improvement so far. Only thing is that today she pooped white runny poop.
Has anyone ever experienced something like this? What else could I do for her till Monday?
AA4D66A7-5A4D-4769-B4EF-F1A09C0798DA.jpeg

I am scared she won’t make it till Monday, when the doctor can see her. :(

I have a hen who seems to be experianceing the same symptoms but it is an impacted gizzard. I have been giving her molasses mixed with bread (or bread flour) with olive oil and water. I have been syringe feeding it to her. I recommend syringeing her some water if she isn't drinking. Think back to what she might have eaten...

Hello!

Yesterday morning our brahma chicken (6months old) was very lethargic and I could just tell she wasn’t feeling ok. She didn’t eat or drink much.
I tried finding a doctor that could help, but I could only find one that can take us in soonest on Monday. And a lady that offered helping us over the phone. I sent her some videos and she said it looks like our brahma has an upset stomach. She suggested we give her Bvitamin complex to drink and some ginger.
Today we did the same, no improvement so far. Only thing is that today she pooped white runny poop.
Has anyone ever experienced something like this? What else could I do for her till Monday? View attachment 3255356
I am scared she won’t make it till Monday, when the doctor can see her. :(
Do you have links to the videos?

Could she have meant a crop issue instead of an upset stomach?

The white urates likely indicate she's dehydrated. I'd make sure she's drinking well. Do check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight and look her over for lice/mites.
Wet feed can be offered after she is hydrated.

When was her last egg?
Any chance she ate something moldy, toxic, rotten, etc.?

Have you dewormed and/re treated for Coccidiosis?

I have a hen who seems to be experianceing the same symptoms but it is an impacted gizzard. I have been giving her molasses mixed with bread (or bread flour) with olive oil and water. I have been syringe feeding it to her. I recommend syringeing her some water if she isn't drinking. Think back to what she might have eaten...

I have been syringeing her water with vitamin b complex. I will try giving the bread with molasses and olive oil.

The white urates likely indicate she's dehydrated. I'd make sure she's drinking well. Do check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight and look her over for lice/mites.

When was her last egg?

I will try uploading them in a second.
I am not sure, she asked if her crop was watery and it’s not, her crop is completely empty. I have been giving her the vitamin b complex water through the day.
She isn’t laying yet.
I don’t think she could have eaten something bad , i clean out their run and garden every day.

I haven’t treated for coccidiosis , but I dewormed a week ago.

When was her last egg?

https://streamable.com/qus4p8

https://streamable.com/b1fn30

Yesterday she mostly slept like this all day, doesn’t move much.

Yes, i will give her some raw yolk.
Actually yes, I dewormed my flock a week ago with flimabend. Haven’t noticed any parasites.
Is her crop emptying? If it is, I would feed her whatever she wants, they lose weight really fast once they stop eating regularly. I kept one of my girls in my chicken hospital for five days, she slowly started eating everything, but the first couple of days it was watermelon, grubs, and nutri drench. On the fifth day she was ready to go outside, very vocal and happy. The clear plastic container I had her in had just enough room for her to turn around, and she could perch on the lip of it if she wanted to.

Is her crop emptying? If it is, I would feed her whatever she wants, they lose weight really fast once they stop eating regularly. I kept one of my girls in my chicken hospital for five days, she slowly started eating everything, but the first couple of days it was watermelon, grubs, and nutri drench. On the fifth day she was ready to go outside, very vocal and happy. The clear plastic container I had her in had just enough room for her to turn around, and she could perch on the lip of it if she wanted to.
Yes, looks like her crop is emptying.
From the things i have offered, she showed interest in corn, raspberries and sunflower seeds. She has no interest in her normal chicken feed.

Back
Top Bottom