Lethargic Gosling

What have you been feeding your gosling? Is a vet an option?
I have been feeding her baby feed for muscovies from the feed store. They claim that there is no such thing as feed for goslings. She is not growing at all. She eats and drinks but does not move much. I tried to find a vet in our area but the only vet we have does not deal with fowls. I finally was able to reach one that is a 5 hour drive from me and he would not give me any advice over the phone. Said he had to see the gosling. I cannot take on a 10 hour round trip. She is still not moving much, not eating grass like her older sister either. She had a very pasty butt today. I let her swim in the tub for a while and made sure to wash her little butt well. She pecks at the feed and refuses to eat everything else. She is doing a bit better since Wednesday and no longer has that hard lump but I am still worried about her. :(

Do you have Nutri drench? It’s a great pick me up for sick or inactive poultry. You can give it straight and it goes straight into the blood stream instead of the gut first. Use a dropper and put tiny amounts into her bill make sure she swallows before giving more but you can’t go wrong with it for poultry.

Do you have Nutri drench? It’s a great pick me up for sick or inactive poultry. You can give it straight and it goes straight into the blood stream instead of the gut first. Use a dropper and put tiny amounts into her bill make sure she swallows before giving more but you can’t go wrong with it for poultry.
She died. :( I will order Nutri drench online. We don't have anything for fowls in my area. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom