Lethargic guinea keet

Strange, so it made it through the gizzard like that? Very interesting! Thanks for posting the pictures.

-Kathy
I though the same thing! As I was doing the necropsy I sent a pictures of the organs go a vet I used to work for to make sure I wasn't getting anything confused! A genetic defect is best explanation the vet and I can come up with for how it all went down.
hit.gif

I asked but haven't got an answer. The vet is a large, small, and exotic vet and as busy as he was when I worked for him I'm surprised he had time to look at my pictures. I'm probably not goin to get an answer lol so I'm researching wormers online. I'm hoping to find a good one that won't make me toss eggs for a week or two

Maybe worm the keets with something like Safeguard or Valbazen? They aren't laying, right? For just roundworms and cecal worms I'd give mine Safeguard at 0.5ml per 2.2 pounds once and repeat in 10 days. if I suspected capillary or gapes I'd treat for 5 days.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Their mixed in with laying hens and 2 of the guineas are laying. I haven't seen any worms in anyone else's poop or in any eggs but it still worries me at least a few of the other hens and guineas have them and I'd like to get rid of the worms before they take over someone else
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom