8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Buckley, WA
Symptoms-

Mopey
not eating much
not drinking
crouched down look
constant puckering/ unpuckering of vent.
Cant feel an egg ( I even "went in" and couldnt feel one)
vent is empty, no poop although after her "exam" she did produce some very liquidy, yellow stool

The rest of the flock is more than fine and normal. I soaked her in warm water to see if maybe she was bound... nothing.... she is currently wrapped and a towel being dried off and warmed by my daughter. my daughter is VERY attached to this chicken, Sunnyside. Anything we can do we will. We have no bird vets in the area so unless someone knows a vet in the king/pierce county are of Washington state, a vet isnt an option at this point.She will be put on Tylan as a precaution but any advice? I've been looking through many threads but havent found just the right answer. Thanks!!

Both hens will be two may fifth. They are inside. I will try to attach a picture of their coop but they free range during the day.

FWIW, I'm in CA, which is warmer than WA, and when mine are sick, they don't stay outside. I know that bringing them inside is not something that everyone can do, but it is the right thing to do.

They have been in since I discovered the problem. My daughter will barely leave her side. I'm not sure how I'm going to get her to bed......

Back
Top Bottom