Lethargic Pilgrim Gosling

Quote:
Good to know SHELLY. Thanks.
I fill their water b4 bed and they usually are out by the time I get up, but the bowl isn't dry, so I know they have not been out of water for too long.
smile.png

Thanks,
T.

Quote:
the neck problem sounds like the convulsions my pilgrim geese had as goslings at about 3 weeks... it was brooder pnemonia (sp?), I isolated them, gave them water and food--they didn't have much of an apetite for a day or so. I made sure they had complete silence and lots of dry heat, they did drink a ton... the convulsions were horrible to watch, would start by a quick jolt in their body, awful/painful screaming and stiffening of their whole frame and neck going floppy and they would fall backward and struggle on their back. It was awful, but they did recover. I quickly found that there were some moist areas under the bedding in their original brooder even though i changed it regularly, and those moist spots had dark spots---mold.
Sounds like you are doing the right thing with him/her, double check the brooder and find out if there are any damp areas.

by the way, the geese didn't cry for their friends when they were isolated either, but their frinds (3 ducklings) didn't shut up for the 30 some odd hours they were apart. I put them with the other ducklings again when i was sure they were eating and had stopped with convulsions...and was sick of the ducks loud peeping.

Back
Top Bottom