Lethargic quail with watery dropping and watery eyes

Anna1991

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2021
My quail is a 6-7 months old egg layer. She has been pooping a lot of water with white urates. Has not been eating or drinking anything. Has her eyes closed most of the time. Her face is also swollen. I fed her cooked egg and oats as of now with a syringe as she has not been eating by herself at all. Any help please. I don't want her to die.

Last edited:
Pictures? How many birds do you have? What is their setup like? What have you been feeding them?

Some Nutri-Drench or Save-a-Chick might give her enough energy to fight whatever this is.

Is a vet an option?

@007Sean might know more. He has a lot of experience.

Pictures? How many birds do you have? What is their setup like? What have you been feeding them?

Some Nutri-Drench or Save-a-Chick might give her enough energy to fight whatever this is.

Is a vet an option?

Is a vet an option?

16305084720603037786000507617707.jpg
I've been feeding her mashed oats and cooked egg as of now. I've only one left. Vet is really far from my place. I'm from India and those things you've mentioned aren't available here.

Last edited:
What is her regular diet? How did your other birds pass away? How long has she been like this?

Her head looks swollen too. Is it possible she hit her head?

You might try tempting her with some insects, but she might be too weak to eat them.

What is her regular diet? How did your other birds pass away? How long has she been like this?

Her head looks swollen too. Is it possible she hit her head?

You might try tempting her with some insects, but she might be too weak to eat them.
She eats millets, sesame seeds,broken wheat, cucumber and greens sometimes. I lost my other one a few days back. Yes her head is swollen. She didn't hit her head anywhere. She has been like this since the last two days.

Your bird is suffering from malnutrition. Quail need a high protein diet. Seeds and greens aren't enough. I don't know if you'll be able to save this one, but feeding her egg and high protein foods are her best chance.

If you can get some insects such as mealworms, black soldier fly larvae, or anything else that she'll eat, that may also help.

If you do get quail again and you can't find a good game bird feed, you might consider raising some insects for them. Mealworms are easy, but they are high in fat and should only be fed as a treat.

I don't know if this will help you, but I did a search for quail feed available in India.

She eats millets, sesame seeds,cucumber and greens sometimes. I lost my other one a few days back. Yes her head is swollen. She didn't hit her head anywhere. She has been like this since the last two days.

Your bird is suffering from malnutrition. Quail need a high protein diet. Seeds and greens aren't enough. I don't know if you'll be able to save this one, but feeding her egg and high protein foods are her best chance.

If you can get some insects such as mealworms, black soldier fly larvae, or anything else that she'll eat, that may also help.

If you do get quail again and you can't find a good game bird feed, you might consider raising some insects for them. Mealworms are easy, but they are high in fat and should only be fed as a treat.

I don't know if this will help you, but I did a search for quail feed available in India.
Okay will do so. But as of now is it okay if I add some multi vitamins supplement in her water?

Back
Top Bottom