Let's have a gosling hatchalong!

kuntry, that sounds like a good sized pen, but at 2 weeks ideally they would be outside during the day. Do you provide chopped up grass/greens and toys? I have found that goslings need to nibble on something almost every waking minute.

ON the peachick with the gosling yes it is sweet but NOT a good idea. Because I read that peachicks should not be with ducks or goslings because of so much poop can give the peachick diseases... I had my peachick in a different container than the goslings. The peachicks right after they dried off and got their vigor well they fly right afterwards! They would fly up onto the side of the goslings go in and eat their food and then went about their business. I made sure to put the peachick as they grew into different pens then the goslings. Also peachicks tend to try and pick at eyes as well. They can put an eye out on the goslings.
Good luck with the gosling and peachick. Looks like the peachick is a pied of some sort.

Congrads on everyone who has had goslings hatched!!!!!

The eggs Ginger took away from Hanna non of them hatched either. Guess too old when she took them from Hanna.
I have another female who took the nest away from Sassafras and it is Sarina she wants goslings so badly. Her eggs did not hatch none of my gander will breed her???
So sassafras went to another nest and laid eggs. We shall see if any of those hatch? Then there is Nesie sitting on eggs. She did not start sitting until the nest was full. So I assume none of them will hatch either.

As the season comes to an end looks like only the eggs that I hatched out have made it this year. If that changes I will let you know. But they girls have stopped laying eggs now except one Hanna drops one every now and then and rolls it in the mud and is just too nasty to clean up....

I moved my older set of babies in with my production pair a couple of days ago. Chicory (gander) is so sweet and attentive to all of them that it is cuteness overload to sit in yard and watch them. Here are a few pics from this evening.

Well I'd been working on this post for about 4+ hours uploading pictures, etc...then my computer started being wacky and it closed down this page and I lost everything I'd done....I'm tired so I'll make it semi-brief.

This post is long overdue but here goes:

9 of my oldest juvies. They are Sebastopols, Crested Seb Projects, possible a few American Buffs, and some Tufted Roman mixes.

See the blue saddleback gosling? Need I say I am super duper egg-cited about this baby? He is from Ashley (smooth grey seb goose). Shellie, I'm assuming since Ashley's father is a blue curly, that is where this baby popped up from????

Parents of the blue saddleback gosling, and some of the White seb juvies.

Ashely (smooth grey goose from Shellie)

Showing off her best view ; )

Caspian (curly white gander..isn't he a hunk?!)

June (curly white goose)

So far this breeding season all the Sebastopol goslings I've hatched have been from Caspian x June & Ashley.

I am happy to announce that I have my 1st gosling from my (get ready.....and say this three times fast....) "Triple Trouble Trio" or " Trouble Trio" if you like.

Trouble Jr.

Let me tell ya, this little baby is a handful...literally! Anytime she sees me she comes running up to the edge of the brooder with her wings out (like in the above picture) and starts talking to me. Mmmm...maybe I should look into a goose diaper to bring her inside? ; )

Her parents:

Trouble (smooth splash gander from Shellie) and his two curly white girls May and Autumn.

More gosling pics

As you can see the goslings love to nibble on my rings..and my hair..and my arms...and my cloths...and...everything?! LOL I hung a treat ball full of fresh greens for them to nibble on, along with some shiny stones scattered across their brooder, and some flashy necklaces and such hung up in their brooder to nibble on. I need to find them a plastic ball of something to play with...yes I admit it my babies are seriously spoiled. *grins*

I have lots more pictures..but you are probably tired of them for now, so I'll post more later.

Hope everyones critters (geese most especially) are doing well. Nightie night all!

~ Aspen

Ben, looks like the start of angel wing. need to attempt to correct it now while goose is young. I have used duct tape, sticky gauze or anything that works. you need to bind wing in proper place but make sure growing wing feathers can still be free to develop. You will probably need to keep gosling out of water for a while. good luck

Back
Top Bottom