Let's plan a Quail egg hatch... set 'em Sept. 1, hatch 'em Sept 17-19+

into the bator.

67513_img00267-20110901-0639.jpg

kept the 20 separate to weigh again before lockdown.

I am keeping the humidity ~39-40%, I hardly add any water, if I do it is with the syringe. I tape the bator closed too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-DryIncubation.html

67513_img00268-20110901-0640.jpg

forgot to mention, I also keep the bator in the closet, very steady temp in there. I tape it closed to eliminate any drafts- imho.

Last edited:
Quote:
mornin'! you early riser too?
smile.png

I gotta take a picture of my bator full. Mine sits next to the computer in the main part of the house. Not drafty in that exact spot, but its nice to be so accessable, I peek in at it all the time.
smile.png
And sometimes when close to hatch, I would be on the computer and I hear PEEP! from an egg.
smile.png

I will set mine this afternoon. have to mark them all up yet so i can tell which ones are from the september 1st batch and which are from my batch due to hatch on the 5th... always exciting lol.

Quote:
Really love the look of this incubator
big_smile.png
How does the turner work on it, or is it a manual turner? Wish you luck with this next hatch
big_smile.png

Quote:
Really love the look of this incubator
big_smile.png
How does the turner work on it, or is it a manual turner? Wish you luck with this next hatch
big_smile.png

thanks A8, its a LG (little Giant) they are not thought very highly of in most advanced hatching circles, as they tend to temp swing a lil, but I help it a little by keeping it in the closet and adding the tape. I also added an aftermarket fan. I have a hovabator genesis, but let a friend borrow it, and I have had good hatch rates in this LG with my own eggs- not shipped. so, here goes again.

the turner is automatico, turns em continuously.

btw, we had a lil lab project with hovabator v LG hatchoff, both performed well for me, but looks like my pics are missing from it... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=501290

I'm hoping all have a healthy hatch. My Bob's never laid this year but hoping they will next year. I'm down to about 50 & will hopefully sell down to 20 & hang on to them for eggs next year & hatch some to fill the pen back up. Thinking I could put another 100 or so in the pen. Any who good luck hatching .

Quote:
honey here for quail addiction is like bringing a keg to an AA meeting.

Now thats the truth right there!!
lau.gif
Bill

Back
Top Bottom