1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Let's see those gardens!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LilRalphieRoosmama, Jun 15, 2008.

1. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I was inspired by another post and thought I'd start a new one so we can all show off our gardens!

My DBF and I are big gardeners. He has two huge ones at his place where we grow all our veggies to can, pickle, and dehydrate for ourselves (no pic of that one). My garden is strictly for items that I sell at my stand in the front yard and I start all the plants myself from seed. I also sell plants in the spring but always keep enough for myself. This year I've got 67 tomato plants (5 diff heirloom types), sunflowers (cut flowers sell!), pickling cukes, zucchini, brussel sprouts, and cushaw squash. In my herb garden (no pic - too many weeds LOL) I've got lavender, different basils, thyme, sage, dill, oregano, and rosemary. Kinda hard to get the full effect - the garden is narrow but very long.

[​IMG]

2. farm_mom

farm_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    MI
    Beautiful garden! We're really into gardening and preserving the harvest as well. Right now, I'm buried in lettuces! Lettuce, lettuce everywhere!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Take this over to the sister site of BYC! We need more posts there. [​IMG]

The Easy Garden

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by