Love the walking garlic I picked up this last year.
More detail please? I've not heard of walking garlic.

ETA: I did some Google searching... Apparently garlic produces bulbils rather than seeds. I would have known this if I ever let me garlic scapes fully mature because that's where the bulbils are produced apparently. I assumed they would just flower like most onions do when they bolt. Bulbils are miniature clones of the garlic and fall into the dirt nearby where the reseed - just like walking onions.
Mind blown! I harvested all our garlic last year and never got around to replanting in the fall. If I would have left some garlic plants alone I'd have even more garlic plants growing this year! :th

Last edited:
@BReeder! Hey there! :frow How've you been?

I'll be digging up some walking onions soon; my "regular" onions are nearly gone.
Hey there! I'm doing OK. The struggle is real over here, but I'm taking life one day at a time and counting my blessings. Gardening season is certainly a welcomed ray of sunshine. It's great to be planting seeds with the family and forget about some of the struggles for short while.

Anybody make a homemade hot sauce for canning without fermenting?

I have a bunch of dehydrated chipotles (smoked habaneros) from a surplus we grew before. I want to use some up, but so far he only way I'm using them is homemade chili flakes - which taste fantastic thanks to the smoke but a little goes a long way given the heat so they last a long time.

Anybody make a homemade hot sauce for canning without fermenting?
I do. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt, vinegar, and as many jalapenos and habaneros as hubby wants in it. Chop up the veg in the food processor, then cook it down to desired consistency.

Walking into the kitchen will clear your sinuses!

Water bath can in pints for ... uh... not sure, 20 minutes?

Back
Top Bottom