Lets talk about goats!

Spell check messed with my post lol. I meant I'm having a hard time giving them pills and they are getting 8 a day plus 4 droppers, Hoof rot stuff and one is getting an eye cream. We started wrapping them in a little bread but they won't eat bread now. Then I was putting them on top of grain, inside a raisins and inside an apple. They either spit them out or won't eat it at all. 6 of them I can crush and syringe into mouth with water and some probiotic but they don't like it and two of them aren't soluble. We have been giving them pine branch treats and so far their pooping is the only thing that isn't screwed up lol. How do I check worm count? I did give them lung worm medicine.

Your little boys are too cute! :love Not sure on the worm count or other ways to get the pills down....sounds like you've tried everything short of just shoving it down their mouths. :/

Last edited:
Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to help a a newborn kid that was still in its sack and barely redpinsive? I told her I was not sure if anything other then cleaning the board and warning. I have never dealt with that.@mlm Mike

Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to help a a newborn kid that was still in its sack and barely redpinsive? I told her I was not sure if anything other then cleaning the board and warning. I have never dealt with that.@mlm Mike
Warm it, rub it, electrolytes or glucose(Karo syrup), just very little

sorry @daxigait , I just saw this.

Last edited:

Also sometimes their temp is too low and that makes them unresponsive. Take its temp and if it's below normal you have to warm it up before even trying to feed it. They can not digest when hypothermic. We had this happen to a newborn and as soon as his temp went up with hot water bottles and a heat pad, he started nursing and trying to get up.

Also sometimes their temp is too low and that makes them unresponsive. Take its temp and if it's below normal you have to warm it up before even trying to feed it. They can not digest when hypothermic. We had this happen to a newborn and as soon as his temp went up with hot water bottles and a heat pad, he started nursing and trying to get up.
Thanks. She tried, but from what she told me I think this one was in the birth canal too long and it died.

I was going through all of my got pics last night and I just wanted to show what a difference two weeks makes.
Day one

And now

Today they were even jumping and climbing and running around with the dogs!

Back
Top Bottom