Let's Talk Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams

No pics yet. Maybe I'll get out with the camera and get some flock shots, too. I have a lot of birds I don't have pics of. it's just so stinking muddy it's depressing to be out there
hmm.png

I know it. It is soooo wet. White chickens are brown and those with feathered feet look pitiful. No matter how dry their coops are they find that one wet spot and roll in it.
1f644.png

Glad i found this thread, i am actively seeking females or hatching eggs and not having much luck. I know its not the best time of year. I hatched 4 chicks in the spring, lost 2 within that first few days and the 2 that survived are both roos. Sold 1 kept 1 since they were identical. I now need girls.

Here are the boys with their broody.

Here is the boy i kept now. Seeing a good speciman i can now see mine isn't that great. He is lacking the coloring displayed so well in previous pics posted here.

Hey Ellymay! He's not that bad for starts, milles are a new colour for Cochins and are a work in progress. I have not shipped eggs before, but am concidering giving it a go when they start laying again, if you are interested. My Cochins have 100% fertility and really great hatch rates. I will let you know when they start laying if I decide to ship eggs :-D
Where did you get the eggs for the first four?

Hey Ellymay! He's not that bad for starts, milles are a new colour for Cochins and are a work in progress. I have not shipped eggs before, but am concidering giving it a go when they start laying again, if you are interested. My Cochins have 100% fertility and really great hatch rates. I will let you know when they start laying if I decide to ship eggs :-D
Where did you get the eggs for the first four?

I would love to. They were shipped eggs from a fellow BYCer. I need to just go look back at who i got them from. Probably a good start. Lol...i get scatter brained sometimes...

I would love to. They were shipped eggs from a fellow BYCer. I need to just go look back at who i got them from. Probably a good start. Lol...i get scatter brained sometimes...
Awesome! I'll let you know if I decide to ship. I've never done it before and am a little nervous about the packaging part.

That's a good hatch for shipped eggs, but I don't know what could have caused the two deaths. If it was something to do with the shipping I don't think they would have made it to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom