Lets talk orpingtons!!!

This is my sweet Lucy

I have two white Orpingtons named "Thelma & Louise". They are identical to me.
1f601.png
My aviator is them when they were chicks. They are always together. Very sweet calm birds. They tolerate the new chicks extremely well and I get at least 5 eggs a week each. Love them.
2764.png
2764.png

WOW!!!! Those are some magnificent birds. Combines my two favourite things.... chickens and chocolate. ;-) Good thing I live in Ontario or I might be on your doorstep, begging for a chick to add to my flock. LOL

Thank you! A friend of mine gave me 2 hens because they were always broody, and she just wanted eggs. So I had to find some mates for it, got some eggs, and ended up with a few blacks, blue barred, mauves, and chocolates... all carrying chocolate genes, and started hatching away! I've since trimmed down to just mauve and chocolate. The genetics is so confusing when blues and blacks get mixed in. Researching color combinations was what brought me to this thread! lol
But the chocolate is so deep and rich, and they are the sweetest birds. Even the male is a dorky sweetheart.

3 of my hens hatched chicks earlier this year, within 4 weeks of each other, and raised them all together in the same pen. They have been such fun to watch. Now the first hen is sitting on 8 more eggs!

my bean ( orpington) lost here bff ,Apple ( cream legbar) to a mystery animal

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom