Molpet

Crossing the Road
Premium member
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My Coop
seen this and thought of you, not sure if you may have seen it or not

The standard-bred Cornish fowl; a practical treatise on their standard requirements--mating and breeding--rearing--housing--training and conditioning for exhibition--judging and utility values--genetics and mendelism outlined, etc.
by Bohrer, Fred H

Publication date 1922
Topics Cornish chicken
Publisher Utica, N.Y.
Collection library_of_congress; biodiversity; fedlink
Digitizing sponsor The Library of Congress
Contributor The Library of Congress
Language English
https://archive.org/details/standardbredcorn00bohr/page/n7

Redhead Rae

Chickens, chickens everywhere!
Premium member
Jan 4, 2017
Braxton County, WV
seen this and thought of you, not sure if you may have seen it or not

The standard-bred Cornish fowl; a practical treatise on their standard requirements--mating and breeding--rearing--housing--training and conditioning for exhibition--judging and utility values--genetics and mendelism outlined, etc.
by Bohrer, Fred H

Publication date 1922
Topics Cornish chicken
Publisher Utica, N.Y.
Collection library_of_congress; biodiversity; fedlink
Digitizing sponsor The Library of Congress
Contributor The Library of Congress
Language English
https://archive.org/details/standardbredcorn00bohr/page/n7
Thanks! I have an SOP from the 20s but I don’t have this. Thanks!

Redhead Rae

Chickens, chickens everywhere!
Premium member
Jan 4, 2017
Braxton County, WV
Hey guys! Last year was kind of a loss for me as far as chickens go. Between building a new house and having a baby, all I did was hatch guinea fowl eggs that we found around the property.

But today I made a step in the right direction, we just got rid of the last of our surplus bantam mix roosters and I was able to use their containment unit to set up my first breeding pen! This is Hop-a-long, one of 3 Cornish roos that was maimed by a bully Blue Cochin I had (I sold him), along with my two original Dark Cornish girls from my trio and the lone White I have left from eggs I got from Fairview01. I had a White cockerel hatch too but he died of suicidal stupidity. Hop-a-long has recovered nicely. He only has a lip if he tries to move fast.

Someone mentioned to me if I breed white to Dark, I might get spangled offspring, which I can breed for to make the spangling more intense. We'll see what we get. :fl

I think I might need to add a light to their coop to get things moving.

Top Bottom