LG against a Luminaire and a sportsman (UPDATE)(update 4-24-09)

Quote:
Nobody is "harrasing this thread".

Anybody is just expressing their opinion on LG.

And prevailing opinion is that LG is junk.

Do you want to suppress this opinion just cause you believe LG is a treasure??

Isn't this forum for expressing opinions?

Newbees on this forum need to be warned that LG is OK if you have a PHD in hatching eggs and a PHD in styr- o- bator-LG-ology.

However if you don't you are on your own.

Hundreds of threads about LG on this forum prove it.

Last edited:
This will prove you can get a better hatch with a junk incubator, with knowledge, than top of line incubator with idiots using them.

The idiots has already threw good eggs away!!!

I have hatch with so many incubators, no way can a LG compare to these other, better than the 3 egg chick-a-bator. thats about it.

Biggest mistake with the LG , Is people adjust the temp. when it drops(room to cool). Then they get the killer spike temp. better to let it be cooler than to hot.

I saw a lady hatch 2 out of 3 duck eggs, just using a box and light bulb. she watch it almost around the clock.

This is more of a test of people knowledge of incubation.

Still nice thread, want to see how it come out.

My junk LG just hatched 44 out of 48. I hope to find another one on craigslist for 20.00 with turner from someone that doesn't know how to use it.

With Still Air Last year
1-10 hatched-kept playing with temp knob, my first hatch
23-26 hatched
4-6 hatched
9-10 hatched

Computer case fan test hatches this year
3-6
4-10

Still Air (might use smaller fan later)
44-48

Difficulty of use
Day one-Set incubator to 100.6 using plastic egg for egg height. Once you have the temps (set it and forget it), Add Eggs

Day two-Check room humidity in basement (75%), incubator at 48% with both vents open, Add no water, Temps go down a little because the eggs are colder than the setting.

Day 6-Check humidity (room 65%) incubator at 38%, Pour bucket of water on the floor (concrete floor with drains) , Check again 44%,temp 100.2

Day 10 check humidity (room 70%) incubator at 40%

Day 12 check humidity (room 75%) incubator at 50%

Day 18 unplug egg turner, check temps with the motor not running 99.7, adjust up by one degree. Add water through the vent holes, Close vent holes

Day 19 check humidity 66%, Temp 100.5

Day 20 check humidity 64%

Day 21 44-48

Cheap yes! Get the job done? If you know how to play the game.

Last edited:
Quote:
So you are saying that people using better quality incubators than LG are idiots?

You never addressed the issue that LG will spike 5 or more degree up very often and kill your hatch.

There is 100 of threads on BYC forum to attest that.

I think those who put up with piece of srap like LG , keeping constant watch day and night on 'Little Monster" (LG) ARE THE IDIOTS, who have no life but watch piece of crap incubator 24 hrs around the clock to brag they got 100% hatch out of it.

ROFTLAMAO

I have life and things to do and I want quality incubator which does not require 24hrs attention to get a decent hatch.

Am I an idiot because of that?

Quote:
So you are saying that people using better quality incubators than LG are idiots?

You never addressed the issue that LG will spike 5 or more degree up very often and kill your hatch.

There is 100 of threads on BYC forum to attest that.

I think those who put up with piece of srap like LG , keeping constant watch day and night on 'Little Monster" (LG) ARE THE IDIOTS, who have no life but watch piece of crap incubator 24 hrs around the clock to brag they got 100% hatch out of it.

ROFTLAMAO

I have life and things to do and I want quality incubator which does not require 24hrs attention to get a decent hatch.

Am I an idiot because of that?

No, saying the two in this test with the better incubator, DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING

I use sportsmen, so I dont have to watch them all the time.

If the LG are set to kick off at the high temp. and not adjusted.You will not get the high spike, they use the wafer thermostat and unless it goes bad it will stop the spike. Trouble newbe make they will adjust it when they see the temp. dropping.(like after putting cold eggs in)

Last edited:
Quote:
hahaha!!!! me too!!! i like my LG, only had 1 bad temp spike in this last hatch. But needless to say i have babies hatching right now
smile.png

I have used an LG for the past two years and had great results.

I set it and when it is the proper temperature I set the eggs.

As for humidity, I fill the two slots that the instructions say to fill and the humidity stays 40 - 50% with no problem.

I do not watch it 24/7 and I don't adjust it again. On day 18 I take out the turner and add water to the other channels in it and close it up and WAIT.

I just finished a hatch with shipped eggs and got an 85% hatch rate. I normally use non-shipped eggs and have had hatches always above 80% success.

I have never had a temperature spike in the LG or any other problems. The only thing about it that I would change is that tiny little knob!

In my opinion the LG is fine as long as it is used properly.

Last edited:
It doesn't run me to death either Marion. It did on my first hatch with playing with the temp knob. I was causing spikes. That's what I've read into these complaints is that the temp is too low and they adjust a little too far and it reads 109 or something and call it a spike.

How to adjust up one degree with the lg.

Wait till the indicator light turns off and barely nudge it till it turns back on, check 1/2 hour later.

How to adjust down one degree with the lg.

When indicator light first turns on barely nudge it down till it turns off, check 1/2 hour later.

Very tiny adjustments, like growing a bonsai. Patience.

Last edited:
I check my Lg a few times a day and I must say that the only temp issues I have had and yes I have had some have just about always had outside problems , My cat unplugging it , a blown fuse cuaseing the power to go out, me bumping it up cause it was 98 for part of the day cuase the room was cooler and it going a bit to high , I learned to leave it alone when it goes down a degree or two and usually fixes its self or I cover it half way with a small towl on nights where the temps drop a lot. Where I live it can be 75 in the day and drop to 35 at night thats a big change for a little stryo bator but when I dont touch the knob I dont get temp spikes , its me over correcting that does it. Do I wish I had a better bator HECK YES is my poor little LG evil and useless NO.

For the price of this LG you really can't bet it I bought everything new an it was all under 120.00$ bator egg turner and fan One person stated why did you not do your homework on bators. Well I wish I would have or I would have bought something else.(did not know about BYC until after I bought it)
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom