LG against a Luminaire and a sportsman (UPDATE)(update 4-24-09)

You go panner123 I have an LG did I want that model no not really but it was a gift. My daughter bought it for me This is my second hatch now and so far I think its fine. I research alot on the site and was getting very confused about the right temps and humidity. Then I stooped and realized everyone giving advice is from a different part of the country No one person has the same conditions that I do. I live in Florida the humidity capital of the world so my humidity is not going to be the same as yours. I got my LG running steady and left it alone. I did candle on day 14 but that was all until I took the turner out. Sure the temps went down alittle I didn't touch the controls I put a towel over the bator on each side and it came back up. I will never forget the look on my grandchildrens faces as they watch a little polish chck come out of its shell. It was worth all the time and effort. I hope you can get this incubators in the class room it will be worth it just thinki8ng of the faces of all the kids. You go panner 123 I'm with you all the way.

Stopped in the school this morning to check out the bators. I had 8 chicks and all eggs rocking. Sportman had 14 chicks with others rocking. Luminaire had 3 chicks and nothing.
One of the students called to me say when they left school I had 31 chicks out. Sportman had 19 and the Luminaire had 7. Won't know the total till Monday.
I think I can safely say I had a better hatch rate than they did.

I would not make the same bet with a person that knows how to use a cabinet, but my hatch rate is right up there with the cabinets.

Next week one or both of these gentlemen will call the makers of their units and tell them what a ripoff the units are. That is just how they are. Their money is suppose to buy the best results and equipment.

If you have a 10 year old bass boat, they won't go fishing with you. Your boat won't catch fish. They won't ride in my Chevy pickup. Anything less than a B M W is below them.

All I can say is, I am glad it is over. BUT I WILL TELL THEM HOW GREAT MY $75.00 L G IS. And spend my winnings wisely.

thumbsup.gif

Panner, my compliments on this thread.

My LG's have been very good to me. No they are not simple to use
like the Hova Genesis(1588) or others but I have learned more about
hatching using them then any other bator I've used so far.

LG's are not "Set it and forget it" bators but once you get to know
them they will produce hatch rates just as high as any other bator
will.

GREAT THREAD!!!

someone on here said you will really know how to run a bator when you use a LG. They are right on the mark. I bet anything once you use a LG you could run or set up any kind of bator
I think mine may be for sale used once bator ---turner --- fan don't know how much to asks for it ( sorry for kind of posting something differnt)
big_smile.png

Great Panner. It is true the Lg is cheap but, can give good hatches if you take the time to learn to work with the quirks of it. I would like a better bator but, the cost is not worth it with what few eggs I hatch every year. I'm collecting parts to build a very good cabinet style one day all digital . Good work!

woot.gif

Stopped by the school this morning, 34 chicks for me. The sporstman was the same and the other bator hatched out 3 more for a total of 10. If nothing else comes of this, we did make a number of children happy. They get to keep the chicks.

So

LG -34
Sportsman -34
Luminaire- 10

Is that what the final total is? sorry not sure if "same" means same as yours or same as they had the other day when you went in.

Thanks!

nancy

Wow! This was a great thread, thanks panner! As first time egg hatcher and teacher this thread was very helpful in giving me advice on how mange my own LG. Working in private inner city school we do not have alot of funds, and this bator was donated to us. We are setting our eggs tomorrow, and hopefully will get a good hatch.

Thanks again panner!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom