LG to take out the red plugs or leave them in

I've seen where at the end of the hatch, the temp starts to rise, so removing the red plugs decreased the temp and increases the air flow. Or as I like, put in a PC fan, then the ventilation is really good.
wink.png

Quote:
A fan does not give ventilation. That is simply circulation of the air that is already in the bator.
Ventilation comes from pulling the plugs out.

My fan is located below the red plug; so yes it increases the ventilation in my LG when I take the plug out. Increases the ventilation a lot.

Last edited:
Quote:
A fan does not give ventilation. That is simply circulation of the air that is already in the bator.
Ventilation comes from pulling the plugs out.

My fan is located below the red plug; so yes it increases the ventilation in my LG when I take the plug out. Increases the ventilation a lot.

I need to read a little more carefully. I didn't realize you were saying the fan in addition to opening the plugs.

Here is what I did to my thermostat control and it works great.
IMG_3429.jpg

I use 1 or 2 half pint mason jars with sponges and paper towel in the bottom of my LG. The little holes in the corners line up perfectly for me to squirt water in to keep the jars full. I also use a straw and wet the paper towel if I need to bring the humidity up. The humidity may go way up but it will settle back down after a little while. I have had no issues with shrink wrapping and the chicks pop right out.
Pictureb101.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom