LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

All of the ones I learned on will actually shut down and not work if they haven't been paid for. My favorite was Inventor which is a 3d parametric software. The last free software I had was DraftSight which is made by Solidworks, but they discontinued the free 2d software to focus on the paid 3d software. So now I am learning Free CAD which seems to do everything but I have to figure out where all of the buttons are.
No Kidding!! Most of them work the same just different looking buttons and commands are often applied in a different order....which can be hard to keep straight in the old brain.
I bought Inventor and Mechanical 2011, to start freelance biz after losing 18 year job.
Freelance was same work but 1099 thru machine shop instead of tech staff leasing, long story.
Didn't use much 3d at job(Microstation didn't have a good one)tho I pushed for it,
but went back to school and learned Inventor, Solidworks, and Pro-E....chose the Acad suite.
Have played with a few of the 'free' programs, most notably Sketch-up,
but frankly was burned out on 'learning another new software'.
So I still have the full programs on hard drive, but don't do much designing the last few years.

No Kidding!! Most of them work the same just different looking buttons and commands are often applied in a different order....which can be hard to keep straight in the old brain.
I bought Inventor and Mechanical 2011, to start freelance biz after losing 18 year job.
Freelance was same work but 1099 thru machine shop instead of tech staff leasing, long story.
Didn't use much 3d at job(Microstation didn't have a good one)tho I pushed for it,
but went back to school and learned Inventor, Solidworks, and Pro-E....chose the Acad suite.
Have played with a few of the 'free' programs, most notably Sketch-up,
but frankly was burned out on 'learning another new software'.
So I still have the full programs on hard drive, but don't do much designing the last few years.
I have actually been mapping my land out for garden designing purposes using triangulation. My husband thinks I am nuts lol

Same here!!
I learned to draft on the board, but I could never make a living at it.
I learned to use computers as I learned to use CAD....40 years ago.
Still have full versions, never paid for annual upgrades,
but can't get a new computer or I'll lose them.
Ugh the annual upgrade scam. I used to use photoshop for ten years at a time in the past. 😫

I am loving the quarantine do to my asocial normal nature. I only need to shave like every 5 days now because of the masks. Also, putting on a hat fixes the need for shampoo on a regular basis. Getting cleaned up for an hour before going to walmart or TSC is way overrated. Just get some Irish spring scent going and I feel good with that.

Lord help society once we hermits are allowed back out! :lau
I still shower every morning, well, most mornings. I put on my makeup every morning too, just because I like it. And then I sit myself down on the couch and watch Netflix all day unless I have to do something. I normally sit my laptop down next to me so I can BYC at the same time.
I’m a pretty extroverted person, though due to my *mild* social anxiety it’s not always fun going out.

Had bootleg PS for years,
then needed new computer and bought the cheapy Elements, does all I need.
I used my “educational discount” always by getting a friend in college to go and pick it up with their student ID. Now it’s a MONTHLY membership. Pretty annoying.

I used my “educational discount” always by getting a friend in college to go and pick it up with their student ID. Now it’s a MONTHLY membership. Pretty annoying.
Inventor actually has a free educational version you can get with a student e-mail address... well, my school gave out permanent student e-mail accounts so I have a student e-mail... problem is, I try to download the educational version of inventor and it tells me I need to log in. I dont know the password, so I do the find my password thing, I give it my e-mail address, it says e-mail is not found, I say ok, let me create a new account, I give it my e-mail address and it says there is already an account under that address.... uh.... how is that possible? Lol

TBH, I just stick to GIMP. It's not PS but it works really well it's open source and free and I like it. I never wanted to invest is PS so I never did, I just learned everything on GIMP and went from there.

That's where I do my garden planning too.

IKR!? Not sure you can even get a hard drive versions any more.
Their heads are all floating in the 'cloud'.

uh.... how is that possible?
Are you still an active full time student?
I've used edu versions and they were pretty on top of it.

IKR!? Not sure you can even get a hard drive versions any more.
Their heads are all floating in the 'cloud'.

Are you still an active full time student?
I've used edu versions and they were pretty on top of it.
No, I am not still a full time student, but it doesnt say that I'm not elegable it says I dont have an account. And it pretty much says you just need an .edu email to qualify.

Back
Top Bottom