LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

How did you guys find out that you were different from the others?

For me, I kind of always thought “ah I like guys, but I would date a girl “for fun” just to try it out” but after awhile I decided I was just looking for attention and wanting to be special, so I blocked it out and any attraction I had. Honestly I thought everyone checked out other girls, until friends started making jokes, and I realized… oh… it took awhile for me to finally come to terms with it, but I feel much more complete now, knowing it and not hiding from it for fear of being judged.

For me, I kind of always thought “ah I like guys, but I would date a girl “for fun” just to try it out” but after awhile I decided I was just looking for attention and wanting to be special, so I blocked it out and any attraction I had. Honestly I thought everyone checked out other girls, until friends started making jokes, and I realized… oh… it took awhile for me to finally come to terms with it, but I feel much more complete now, knowing it and not hiding from it for fear of being judged.
When I was younger, I found some guys attractive but I wasn't boy-crazy like some of my friends. When I was a little older, around 6th grade ish, I learned about the LGBTQ+ community and that's when I figured it out. It just had never occurred to me that liking anyone other than boys was possible. Once I realized I could, I started noticing that I found a lot of girls attractive. There was a lot of back-and-forth between bi and straight but eventually I realized I liked everyone

First, hi. All are welcome here! This is a great chicken community.

I'm not trying to be judgemental, and encourage what you are trying to do with this thread. But do have some input... I'm non-biased as to the subject matter, for whatever that's worth.

But I could see this kind of thread doing the opposite of what you would like to see. Instead of bringing together certain members within our chicken community, it may actually cause a division of sorts. You know, an us against them type of thing, especially from some who are less accepting of alternative lifestyles. I don't want to see that.

First, hi. All are welcome here! This is a great chicken community.

I'm not trying to be judgemental, and encourage what you are trying to do with this thread. But do have some input... I'm non-biased as to the subject matter, for whatever that's worth.

But I could see this kind of thread doing the opposite of what you would like to see. Instead of bringing together certain members within our chicken community, it may actually cause a division of sorts. You know, an us against them type of thing, especially from some who are less accepting of alternative lifestyles. I don't want to see that.
I know this is an old thread but I hope that anybody that thought that being LGBT+ was a lifestyle realizes now that it is no more a lifestyle than being straight is.

I know this is an old thread but I hope that anybody that thought that being LGBT+ was a lifestyle realizes now that it is no more a lifestyle than being straight is.
Exactly! I had always found both sexes attractive even before I learned that such things as the LGBTQ community existed. We’re born this way, and people act like it’s a choice sometimes. Like we can just change who we love :/

I hadn't really paid attention to it before high-school. I definitely lean more towards guys than gals when it comes to crushes, but it's not 100% either by far.

And then high-school hit and well, I never matured past that when it came to liking guys and girls. I just got even more shy and awkward. Those silly flirting memes are all based on me, I can practically guarantee.

Especially this one
person-flirting-class-so-school-do-go.jpeg

I switched school’s for eighth grade and like half the kids at that school were queer and if they weren’t they were very supportive allies. I didn’t know bisexuality was a thing but I started really wishing I was a lesbian. It just seemed so much nicer to be with one of the girls than to be with one of the awful middle school boys lol. Then I found out I could be bi and I was like ooooohhh yeah! Now I label myself omnisexual but im considering that I might be a lesbian but I’m not sure. None of the boys around my age at the school are exactly the nicest (or im already friends with them) so it could just be that. Idk we’re still figuring it out here :)

Back
Top Bottom