LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Is it common for them to cannibalise? If most of that blood was from one rat, I imagine it was fatal. So I'm wondering if the other rat took it out of the pen with it, or if they both escaped
Yep. Especially if food is scarce. They'll raid pup nests too if they get a chance.

Roller Coaster?

Someone needs to read past the first few pages, as well as check what forum they are in.

Yes, we raise chickens and ducks and rabbits and goats. There are separate sections for those. This is the social Random Ramblings forum.

I am also taking every off colour comment, or strange ones, with a grain of salt today considering what day it is.
I'm still fairly new to BYC. I read what I can. I don't always get to the end of things. I have a full plate as it is. I came specifically to ask opinions about selling fertilized eggs, but got sidetracked. It just burned me with someone's comment about "normal". Like they get to define what normal behavior is. It was a response to a question about having a special forum for LGBT. I go on the premise all people have a right (to life love happiness etc) as long as their rights don't infringe upon the rights of others.I detest bullying of any sort. No one should be made to feel as though they are second class citizens because they live or think differently. I don't get into April Fools, never did.

I chose a celibate lifestyle because it goes with my beliefs. I've been mocked and called a liar and if I talk to anyone about anything even innocuous as it is I get accused by neighbors of having sex with them which includes the plumber, my tree service ,and close personal same gender friends and that includes my ex who has established himself as gay and not interested in females at all. Yes he spends the night at my home in the "guest room" because he's over a thousand miles away from his own bedroom! His son appreciates it that he gets to see his dad for a week or two. I think this forum needs to be about people raising chickens and the problems we face in doing that in trying to keep happy and healthy flocks.I'm not about to start a chicken forum soly for celibates like myself. Gays, trans and bis have the same chicken problems as the rest of us. Everyone needs to get along and everyone need to feel comfortable. None of it needs to be about sex or gender identity unless it is actually concerning a bird. I hated the reply that made it seem like LGBT are abnormal human beings. I think they do being humans just fine. They need jobs and to live and be able to persue happiness the same as everyone else that isn't LGBT. This is not a joke to me and I think cheap shots at people are just rude.
But there’s a thread for homeschoolers. Why would that be different from this. ( also sorry if I misinterpreted this)

Well I'm sure not going to object if they want to cull eachother. It helps me out
No signs of anything today, nothing in the trap, no poison eaten. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully numbers are falling.
Usually we don't find many traces other than blood, occasionally a few..... pieces if they find pups in a nest or were eating someone caught in a snap trap. Sounds gruesome, and it is the first few times, but it isn't really like we're forcing them to do it either.

Honestly, if you aren't watching them run around constantly when you're there, I'd say the numbers are low enough

I'm still fairly new to BYC. I read what I can. I don't always get to the end of things. I have a full plate as it is. I came specifically to ask opinions about selling fertilized eggs, but got sidetracked. It just burned me with someone's comment about "normal". Like they get to define what normal behavior is. It was a response to a question about having a special forum for LGBT. I go on the premise all people have a right (to life love happiness etc) as long as their rights don't infringe upon the rights of others.I detest bullying of any sort. No one should be made to feel as though they are second class citizens because they live or think differently. I don't get into April Fools, never did.
You know that you can just simply leave this particular thread if you are against it. Just a thought...

Back
Top Bottom