LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Thinking of switching to mostly cacti and lithops. I love the fact that my non-spiked succulents don't hurt me whenever I repot them, but when I went to the plant expo I wasn't very amused with the selections, I think I already have everything I need/like. So I'd like some suggestions on really cool-looking cacti. Preferably not rainforest cacti though
How about those that have papery spines? Can't remember the names right now, but I loved mine and they didn't stab me!!!

1684615278040.png

Or grow dragonfruit cacti?

How about those that have papery spines? Can't remember the names right now, but I loved mine and they didn't stab me!!!

View attachment 3512722

View attachment 3512722

Omg that's a species that's been on my mind for a year since I first saw them! So definitely those. But I also want the spiney kind, I can handle the abuse! Yesterday I was moving them after a repot, and as I was opening a door one fell on my hand!🥲

Omg that's a species that's been on my mind for a year since I first saw them! So definitely those. But I also want the spiney kind, I can handle the abuse! Yesterday I was moving them after a repot, and as I was opening a door one fell on my hand!🥲
Dragonfruit cacti would definitely grow in your area, and you can get all the punctures your heart desires from them, lol! Plus, FRUIT!

Dragon fruit doesn't actually appeal to me at all. I don't know what it is that I don't like about it, but I don't:idunno
Your chickens might like it? I love the cactus itself, too. Tried to grow some, but my dog destroyed them!!! I was soooooo angry! He was lucky to live through that! (joking. Mostly. Because he also destroyed my mom's Christmas cactus, which I got after she died.)

Your chickens might like it? I love the cactus itself, too. Tried to grow some, but my dog destroyed them!!! I was soooooo angry! He was lucky to live through that! (joking. Mostly. Because he also destroyed my mom's Christmas cactus, which I got after she died.)

I'm so sorry about the cactus :hugs . My chickens wouldn't have the privilege of seeing it, as I grow my plants in pots away from the chicken area

I thought we had finally escaped having a flock that roosted in the trees at night instead of the coop but I was just proven wrong.
It's the time of the evening when our flock puts themselves to bed so that I can lock them up at night and I found our 2 older pullets roosting high up in our apple trees....
Strangest thing about them doing this, is the fact that they had been roosting underneath our oldest hen for a few nights.
Did she finally decide enough was enough and that they shouldn't do that?

Back
Top Bottom