LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Speaking of broodies (sorry fluffy!!)
Dougie is doing amazingly. Unfertilised eggs, I feel a bit mean. But it's a necessary evil, to stop her from laying eggs.

She's so committed. I knew she'd be a good broody. Hopefully it'll work out when I eventually give her some hatching eggs.

And also, no more angry vacuum noises! Which is nice

There there, you have them now. ALWAYS check your Watched tab.

Hope everyone is doing well! I had a 'surprise' OEGB chick hatch this morning. It's from an egg that hadn't hatched under my broody last week. I plopped the eggs in the incubator, and this one hatched. And no, it wasn't laid later, I counted them before she started sitting tight.

Also did an eggtopsy on a duck egg that was due last Wednesday. Fully formed duckling, yolk not absorbed. :( Two more from Wednesday are still sitting in the incubator. I'll give them another couple of days as they don't look bad, although no movement inside...
I had a bunch of chicks like that that I just looked at!

I work for a local homeschooling program. They have me working there as a ‘peer mentor.’ (I graduated class of 2020) A lot of the time with these younger folks, they had to be stuck away from others during the most impressionable times of their life. I was eighteen when things shut down here, and it still affected me greatly. I think it would be even worse for kids who were probably 11-14 at the time. My sister is 10 1/2 years younger than me, she’s 10 now, and I honestly think the pandemic traumatized her.

It’s not always the parents in my opinion. Even naturally good natured kids with good parents are acting out. It’s hard to get the high school students to engage with anything at all.
We had an incredibly tough time with students here during online. We had an absurd amount of drop outs and kids that now have to retake classes because they didn't pass and can't graduate without them

Back
Top Bottom