LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

What if my hens, don't want to be hens

Have you seen that trend where people would let their pets pick out one paper sheet from a bowl, which had multiple sexualities or gender identities in them and the ones they picked, they're assigned??
( That's a shitty explanation, i tried my best!)

I gotta do that for my chickens
You do whatever floats your boat.

I *think* I'm polyamourus, ftm (so, trans), but what if i'm not...
I was gay, then I met my girlfriend, so now I no longer know what I am??
That's okay. Not like there's a deadline on deciding what fits. Just go through life and see ufnthere are any patterns that feel comfortable enough to declare

Has there ever been an intersex chicken before??
Indeed there are. There was just a thread about it, bird died so they did a necropsy where both male and female reproductive organs were found.

I don't think you can compare that to humans tho, there is much in the brain, not to mention societal expectations, that affects human 'identities'.

I *think* I'm polyamourus, ftm (so, trans), but what if i'm not...
I was gay, then I met my girlfriend, so now I no longer know what I am??
I think the most important thing you can do for yourself, is to cut yourself some slack. You shouldn't need to squash yourself into a box, sometimes labels fit, and sometimes they just don't.
Just choose, and do whatever feels right to you, if a label starts to feel like a burden, then it just might not fit, and thats okay. There's no rule that says you need to know what you are right now and never change. You have time to figure this out :hugs
I hope you figure it out, and trust yourself in all this.

Back
Top Bottom