LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I gather you were away for that week.

Last year, I had a cockerel that decided he preferred to roost in a tree rather than in the coop, and I could never find him at bed time. One night, we had a massive thunderstorm come through. He woke my daughter at 3 am screaming his head off scared of the thunder.

Too bad! If it isn't the consequences of his own actions! He wanted to be real macho and sleep in a tree. And yes

Too bad! If it isn't the consequences of his own actions! He wanted to be real macho and sleep in a tree. And yes
After a broken wing and most of his tail feathers pulled out from falling out of wherever he was roosting and getting stuck in brambles, he had no issues going in with the rest of the flock afterwards.

We locked my poor cat in the computer room by accident over a weekend. :( When we discovered this and let him out, did he run for the food? The water? NOPE! Litter box!

Also, as a small update. I'm seriously thinking of doing mainly bantams. I've been loving the Disney flock way too much. Right now my main two breed options are phoenix and Pekin bantams. On a sadder note, I might have to let Big Red go as well. If I do end up having to give him away, I'll keep some of his offspring

How is he now?
Both are no longer with us. The cockerel died last winter, and the cat died many many years ago.

Also, as a small update. I'm seriously thinking of doing mainly bantams. I've been loving the Disney flock way too much. Right now my main two breed options are phoenix and Pekin bantams. On a sadder note, I might have to let Big Red go as well. If I do end up having to give him away, I'll keep some of his offspring

Why would you let him go? Can't keep him with the banties?

Might I suggest OEGB? ;) :lau

Both are no longer with us. The cockerel died last winter, and the cat died many many years ago.

Why would you let him go? Can't keep him with the banties?

Might I suggest OEGB? ;) :lau

Aw, I'm so sorry:(:hugs. I'd definitely get a gamefowl bantam if I could find any, but I can't. As of now at least. Otherwise I would've definitely got OEGB or MGB. As for why I can't keep him, two reasons. First of all he's huge, and I can't find a hen he can safely be with, and I've had no luck locating a mature brahma hen, or an aseel altogether. Then come the neighbors. Right now we have three crowing males. The neighbors do not live far, so admittedly it's a sh!tshow every morning. I like the sound, bit not everyone is weird. Kolovos is going and that's a given, but two males is still pushing it. Napoleon can be with all of the hens, and his crows have taken their final form, and that form is bad (probably has to do with the fact that he is a bantam) so he doesn't annoy anyone. Plus he needs to stay for the bantams. But, since i mostly like to keep breeds pure, and I have no luck with aseel, Big Red doesn't really fit. I'm sure that I will feel horrible when/if I give him away

I felt terrible when we had to put our cat Lotus to sleep last year. It was completely preventable but I didn't notice that he stopped drinking water until it was too late. It got a urinary blockage that would have been prevented had I actually paid attention to him.
I still feel bad
That honestly isn't something very preventable, except by diet. It's very common in male cats, especially neutered ones. The commercial foods we feed our cats leads to this problem.

I need to get mine back on a proper raw diet, but first I have to breed many many more rabbits and chickens.

Back
Top Bottom