LGD, what breed?

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
DH and I are looking for some land. Hope to have something within a year or so. Right now, my goaties are in a pen that has 6 foot high panels. When we get some land, we will finally be fencing in some land for them. Im worried about coyotes attacking them. We have a pretty large population of coyotes here. So, we are kinda tossing around the idea of a lgd. Ive started to do some reading and it seems like the great pyres are the most popular. But they seem so big. Im also concerned they would be to hot in our humid summers. Anybody have any experience with any lgd or recommendations? We have hot, humid summers and relatively mild winters with just a few days/nights getting into the teens. Im not looking for something huge either. We dont have small children and Im not looking for a pet. I want a dog that does his job but is still friendly with its people.

I have thought of rescue groups. I may end up going that way. I would love to find one that already has been with goats. That would be a huge plus. Im not really picky about looks or breed, just something that will be compatable with our climate and is a friendly natured dog.

I have been watching their site for a little over a year. Sometimes they do have pups or young dogs and often LGD who have been actually working dogs.

They will work very hard with you to find a working dog who fits what you desire.

Back
Top Bottom