Lice? (Picture)

Pics

LinzeeBrie

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
IMG_7905.JPG
My sweetheart Austrolorp is moulting... but today I noticed her pecking around her vent... sure enough; bugs :barnie:hit do they look like lice to you? I checked everyone (10 ladies), and could only SEE them on Cinder and one other... Only visible around her vent... I dusted with (the controversial) DE because that's all I have on hand right now. How huge of a pain is this going to be? I'm burnt out, to be honest :(

Yup, you’re going to have to dust everyone and everything, then in two weeks do it all again !

Sorry I just had mites to deal with , basically the same thing ( I think )

DE won’t do it , you’re going to have to get something stronger .... suggestions will be coming just wait,

I’m in Canada and be giving you product names won’t help you , deep breathes you are going to be ok :)

I would get permethrin 10 concentrate in different brands that can be mixed with water to make gallons of spray. Use a spray bottle for birds and a garden sprayer for the coop. It can be used on the bird every 7-10 days a few times to get the bugs and the newly hatched ones before they lay new eggs. It will also be good to use to treat the roosts, nests, and coop after you have removed the old infested bedding. Permethrin is also available as garden dust for use in cold temperatures.

upload_2018-9-9_18-57-48.jpeg

Yup, you’re going to have to dust everyone and everything, then in two weeks do it all again !

Sorry I just had mites to deal with , basically the same thing ( I think )

DE won’t do it , you’re going to have to get something stronger .... suggestions will be coming just wait,

I’m in Canada and be giving you product names won’t help you , deep breathes you are going to be ok :)

I'm in Canada too! I *will* be okay... I'm just bummed... I started this whole "chicken thing" as an anti-depression project (including building the coop myself - I do best when I have a project)... and now, less than 3 weeks in to having the birds, I've got Marek's and lice

Back
Top Bottom