Lice?

stroud2009

Chirping
Oct 9, 2015
I think my polish rooster has lice or something going on. He was being bullied by a rooster in the flock ( who is being culled this weekend with other roosters in the flock ) so I went and rescued him and help him for a picture . After I set him down there were these tiny grey bugs on me . What the hell? What do I do ?

Is there anything I need to do with the others in the flock of their coop ? Although he sleeps in a tree mostly

Have a check and pick them up and try to calm them and part the feathers, little specs running about means that they have lice,.....so just do same as the roo, dust them everyday or every two weeks!

Yep,,,,, poultry dust
smile.png

I wouldn't waste my time with the powder. I just struggled to get rid of mites on my chickens for a month. I watched the mites actually crawl around in the poison and stay alive. The only thing that worked for me is to bath my chickens. I bathed them in the sink and they were a little freaked out at first but they were fine. I made sure their bottoms were under the water long enough to drown the mites. They really enjoy being dried with a hair dryer. It's not good to leave them sopping wet so spend 20-30 minutes drying him after the bath and that should get rid of the problem. I also sprayed water in the run to attempt to drown any mites in there. The powder poison didn't work at all.

dust both the chickens and make sure coop is clean and also dusted. all the nooks and crannies contain all those little buggers. Also dust roosts.

What does it mean "every day or every two weeks"? Every day until the pests are no longer visible? Every two weeks no matter what? During the summer and winter? We are newbies here... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom