Liege Fighter Information

Blw18

Songster
Apr 16, 2020
Next week, I will be receiving around a dozen liege fighter chicks. Good information on the internet is few and far between and I don’t know what’s truly accurate. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the breed and could give me a good rundown of them?

I'm welcoming some soon as well, I will be following this thread and looking forward to information and updates. Any input on good rooster feed would be welcome, I assume at their size they will need something a little extra.

Yeah I’ve read that they need a little higher protein feed than normal but I’m not sure. Mine should be shipping out tomorrow so I’ll post pics as soon as they are all settled in whenever they come in. I’m really excited about getting the opportunity to raise these birds. I joined a liege fighter Facebook group and that’s been helpful seeing what other birds breeders have and how they care for them.

Today my liege babies came in! I am so excited and couldn’t be happier. I bought ten and the breeder sent 5 extras so I have 15 now. The first thing I noticed when I picked them up is how big their bone structure is and how much muscle they have already have compared to my other chick breeds. They aren’t the least bit skiddish. I put my hand in the brooder and they all proceeeded to run up to it and peck at my knuckles. Even after two days on the road, they all were running around play fighting when I picked them up from the post office. I can’t wait to start raising this breed.
FD4B61F7-14C9-4CB0-85CA-E2A15D4930A1.jpeg
8C1AF1D7-FCA9-454A-84F0-CACDCECE8C83.jpeg
DF070A29-6703-46D8-B3CC-6D67C5859847.jpeg

It’s a lot of different colors. There’s blues of different shades, black, different browns, and mixes all in between. I’m not really sure what some of them will turn out looking like. They all look different in markings, shades, etc. I’ll take some better pics when I get home from work of them outside of the brooder. That red light makes it hard to see different colors.
5D9D002F-0AD2-42FD-892A-3E428A7571FD.jpeg
149E1634-7559-4980-9903-740B901D91D1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom