Life from the Parsonage - A Journal of our Journey.

aww I love seeing photos of my Grandbabies.
big_smile.png

Wow, Gwen, you have been blessed! Cash for Christmas, Christmas chicks AND a really nice sewing machine! See what
being on the "nice" list gets ya?
lol.png

Last night was a hoot! It was surprise...can't remember if I mentioned that, anyway...we had 4 people in our church that had bought homes (or been given) and everytime I would mention a housewarming party, someone couldn't do it. (we have had a lot going on) So this year for the Christmas banquet, I had told everyone to bring 2 gifts, for the home...my theme was "The Heart of the Home", and we ate (mexican theme) and then I announced that the ladies should gather their purses, we were going to climb in the van and go on a "Tour of Homes"! They couldn't believe it! (I had told the 4 people 3 weeks ago, told them it was top secret..I wanted a surprise for everyone) So we were off! What a lovely time...I heard everyone say they really enjoyed it. Plus, look how much money I saved them! Instead of 4 seperate parties, just one, and combined gifts. I seperated the presents into 4 piles, had them draw #'s, and they went to that pile for their gifts.
We sang, giggled, and enjoyed the night...it did run late...
idunno.gif

I mean, we were having fun....
tongue.png

Here is a photo or two.. the 1st photo is at the ladies house who's home was leveled by the tornado that came through almost 2 years ago (Feb. will be 2 years.. can't hardly believe that) you know we lost business' and lots of them never came back. The news said 1/3 of Dumas was leveled, I know I was scared....
hide.gif
and the most unusual thing was...2 tornado's came thru within 25 minutes of each other...on the EXACT same path!
ep.gif
What a day that was! Anyway, she has moved into her home, and enjoying the feeling of 'my stuff' again.
smile.png

(I'm in the 2nd one...have on a black sweater)
Anywho....it was lots of fun....I believe I have 1 rooster, and 2 hens from this latest batch of chickies....
jumpy.gif
Still a little soon to tell....
D.gif

Now, tonight, Choir concert, play....
th.gif

Sounds like a blast last night! Please tell me that the lady didn't rebuild on the same spot that two tornadoes came through? But then again if that is the only land she owned she would have to right?
idunno.gif

frow.gif
lau.gif
YUP>...she did.
roll.png

I believe I heard the expression..."lightening never strikes twice"...repeated so many times in the past coupla years...
duc.gif

I know...2 tornados...and their saying twice!
th.gif

Anyway, she says that is home.

Concert is over.
woot.gif
Went GREAT! Oh, so very happy! Smooth sailing, the 12 days of Christmas,and the Hallelujah Cho. were hits!
So pleased....feeling little tired, but my shoulders definitely feel lighter! Oh, the ladies were still bragging on the banquet last night..tonight...
tongue.png
I like it when it goes well.

The Rev. had an interesting day today, helped to chase a goat...tried to trick it, chase it, etc.... I think those of you with animals can see the scenario...
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Never did get it back in...he tried to toll it with a Subway sandwich... tricky, tricky brown goat.
wink.png

thumbsup.gif
9:00 and all is well.

you know I used to think these folks living in earthquake land, hurricane land, tornado alley, etc. were nuts. But you know this property has been in my dh's family since the 1920's and there is no way we would move from here. Home is home. It is where your roots are. so now I think differently.
I am glad the concert went well! Just take it one day at a time my dear.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE PARSONAGE!
We wish you a wonderful and safe holiday!
Will be awhile before I can post....
tongue.png

May the Lord Bless each of you this holiday season, and throughout the entire year!

Merry Christmas
from the Parsons Wife
frow.gif

Gwen

Quote:
OHHH NOOO!!! I am SOOOO sorry to hear this. You have my sympathy. Losing a dad is hard. Mine has been gone 6 years now. I'm sorry it had to be on Christmas.
Blessings of peace to you and your family
christina

Back
Top Bottom