Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is worried about the funeral costs? People obsess about the strangest things...
hmm.png
My elderly mother was terrified about dying and leaving some messy closets.

It's going on a year since he got diagnosed. For most of that year the wedding was something he could look forward to, now that's over and done, give him another goal. Like your first anniversary? His grand children?

I don't know how you managed to keep yourself together this past year. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you. I think you are an amazing and incredibly strong person, Debi.
hugs.gif
Ken is lucky to have you!

It's going on a year since he got diagnosed. For most of that year the wedding was something he could look forward to, now that's over and done, give him another goal. Like your first anniversary? His grand children?

I don't know how you managed to keep yourself together this past year. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you. I think you are an amazing and incredibly strong person, Debi.
hugs.gif
Ken is lucky to have you!
Some days are darned near impossible, I tell ya. We already have another grandchild on the way and I keep reminding him of that. I told him today that since he feels so strongly that he has an expiration date he needs to start cleaning out the spare room because I cannot deal with losing him and having to clean up all that crap.

ep.gif
You didn't!
gig.gif
Debi, you are something else!

Hell you should see that room!!!

I'm sorry I did not mean to imply in my last post you got mad at him. I just want to clear that up. but that is why I suggested to give him a motive to live another day like you telling him to clean up that room, if he is mentally occupied then it will help him and that's why I suggested some sort of therapy from a doctor or minister for him so he can be positive. I know you where told Hospice won't help you until they say he has 6 months or less, here in Indiana it's 2 years (a friend lost his dad and step father both in the last year and his dad had hospice for about 18 months and his step dad almost a year) , call again to the one in your area they are wonderful on helping people both emotionally and physically....

I'm sorry I did not mean to imply in my last post you got mad at him. I just want to clear that up. but that is why I suggested to give him a motive to live another day like you telling him to clean up that room, if he is mentally occupied then it will help him and that's why I suggested some sort of therapy from a doctor or minister for him so he can be positive. I know you where told Hospice won't help you until they say he has 6 months or less, here in Indiana it's 2 years (a friend lost his dad and step father both in the last year and his dad had hospice for about 18 months and his step dad almost a year) , call again to the one in your area they are wonderful on helping people both emotionally and physically....
to YOU especially, you will most certainly know it if I am offended and I was so totally not offended. Ok now?

CA is 6 months left to live, but with this it hard to tell.

to YOU especially, you will most certainly know it if I am offended and I was so totally not offended. Ok now?

CA is 6 months left to live, but with this it hard to tell.
With this, as with most terminal illnesses, life expectancy is a WAG (wild *** guess) at best. My mother had a very severe and progressive lung condition (which I could never spell, let alone pronounce), combined with a progressive, and debilitating heart condition. She lived a full two years longer than her doctors' (more than one) most optimistic guesstimate and died of a condition totally unrelated to her bad heart and worse lungs. You never know. You just never, ever, know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom