Status
Not open for further replies.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Ken has been diagnosed with stage IV emphysema - the end stage, which means he has 2 months to 4 years. 4 years if he is lucky and responds to treatment. It cannot be cured nor stopped, but can be slowed down. We have both quit smoking, which is really the only thing we can do to slow it down.

Selling off the chickens and ducks, due to the dust out there (we live in a very dry climate). The rabbits have been all sold off. We are keeping the goats for lawnmowers, since the land is so large. There are so few things Ken can do now, we need to downsize just about everything.

We went to the college yesterday, he is a full time student since losing his job last May, and it took him and hour to get from the bookstore to the parking lot, and that just about broke my heart. So we bought a scooter today. At least he can get around campus.

I called 911 last Sunday morning, and he spent time in ICU and with a pulmonologist, and was sent home Thursday night as there is nothing more they can do for him.

We have been told it is a day to day thing.

Oh *&@&!, Debi.

hugs.gif

I'll post more later when I ... can write more coherently. I know how hard it must have been for you to write YOUR post with all that information composed so concisely.

hugs.gif

Oh Debi.... What can I say.... My heart is breaking for you.
You probably don't need to be told... But treasure every moment...
God will give you and Ken strength in this time...
He is there no matter what comes, always.
My love and prayers for you both...
(((((squeeze)))))

Oh *&@&!, Debi.

hugs.gif

I'll post more later when I ... can write more coherently. I know how hard it must have been for you to write YOUR post with all that information composed so concisely.

hugs.gif

Linda it took me 2 days to be able to post anything coherently. We are both scared, and we both have different reasons for it. Recognizing how each other feels is going to be a task.

We are having family meeting tomorrow to discuss stuff no one wants to discuss.

I am so very sorry. My dad had emphysema and so did one of his sisters. I don't know what to tell you. My prayers are with you.

I am so sorry to read about this.My prayers and thoughts are with you,Ken,and your family.

My heart is breaking for you. My father had this condition also. There were many drugs to help him feel better, and at times he was cantankerous about taking them. I think he was trying to stay in control. He had so many regrets he had to deal with, but managed to live his final days the way he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom