Light affecting laying, please help

Silviaschicks

Crest Craver
Jun 6, 2020
Crest Country
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,
I have a lot of mosquitoes in my coop which I don't want to bring diseases to my girls so I put mosquito netting in their coop. However, the netting is so dense that not enough light is coming in, and my girls have stopped laying. It would be a pain to remove all the netting, but I will if I have to. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks for all the help in advance! :)

Hi,
I have a lot of mosquitoes in my coop which I don't want to bring diseases to my girls so I put mosquito netting in their coop. However, the netting is so dense that not enough light is coming in, and my girls have stopped laying. It would be a pain to remove all the netting, but I will if I have to. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks for all the help in advance! :)
Can you install a light? Is their run dark also?

Can you install a light? Is their run dark also?
x2. Even if the coop is mostly dark that shouldn't really impact their laying if they're getting light exposure while out in the run.

Are you sure they haven't stopped laying in anticipation of fall molt? Dunno how old your girls are and how long/short your days are but my older ones are already molting.

Thank you for all the replies, but I have figured out a solution! In the morning I'll put them in a different cage but so that they can still see/talk to my hen, and then after they're not fighting anymore I'll put them back in the other run

Back
Top Bottom