light brahama Roo or pullet *UPDATED PICTURES*

Here are some more pictures of her (or him) at close to 7 weeks. Do you still think it's a pullet? I can say that girl or boy this is my biggest and loudest chick so that is one of the reasons I am so worried that it's a roo..

ya the waddle has me worried also, plus that fact that he / she is so loud and big. I know nothing about this breed but what from what I hear they are pretty big so I am just trying to see if this is a roo cause if it is then I need to find it a home.

Please I really need to know what people think. I can't keep a roo and I am trying not to let my kids get attached to any of my chicks that may be roo's as the last roo we had I watch my kids cry when the new owner picked him up. I just need some help here. I am new at this chicken thing. these are my 1st set of chicks and I just don't know what I am looking for.

If you need to make a decision right away, you may just have to err on the side of caution and rehome your bird, because you probably won't have a definitive answer right away. You could try startling the birds and seeing how he reacts. Hens tend to cower more, roosters to stretch tall and look around. I've heard to do this by throwing something over there heads, but I haven't been able to master that skill. They always just assume I'm tossing them a treat and run towards it.... But sometimes a loud noise will get a reaction.

I think pullet. :) Mine look similar to that. I see the wattles, though and it makes me worry about my own who is 9 weeks and has wattles like yours.

I really hope yours turns out to be a girl! Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom