Light Brahma? Gender?

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
Yes 2 light brahmas in the second set of pics...I’m not much concerned with color...I got a Brahma cockerel from a breeder he looked much the same but is shaping up to be a handsome boy lost most of the black. But they look like pullets? But the black one cockerel? And not light Brahma?
Yes, the first one is a Dark Brahma and a cockerel. Dark Brahma pullets are a totally different pattern.

Jandsloch

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
Nw pa
Yes, the first one is a Dark Brahma and a cockerel. Dark Brahma pullets are a totally different pattern.
I wondered because as I was looking for spring chicks I came across the dark Brahma rooster so I decided to just ask. I’m going to be giving them yet another call because they say light Brahma pullet for all 3 and I knew from 4 weeks the black was boy/ not light Brahma

Gray Farms

Premium member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
I wondered because as I was looking for spring chicks I came across the dark Brahma rooster so I decided to just ask. I’m going to be giving them yet another call because they say light Brahma pullet for all 3 and I knew from 4 weeks the black was boy/ not light Brahma
Light Brahmas and Dark Brahmas look totally different when they hatch also.

Jandsloch

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
Nw pa
I have a couple more weeks for their guarantee.....ugh won’t be buying from them again if this is how it is when they clearly messed up

Gray Farms

Premium member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
I have a couple more weeks for their guarantee.....ugh won’t be buying from them again if this is how it is when they clearly messed up
You've got your guarantee right now. That's a male specific pattern. No female will ever have that pattern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom