Light Brahma? Gender?

Jandsloch

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
Nw pa
I got all 3 of those at the same time I ordered 4 light Brahma pullets and had to wait for hatch they sent to me. I lost one to a dog.... these 3 remain.....I’ve told them since week for the black one was a boy....they said wait till week 10. I waited sent updated pics they say pullet...so now at 4 mo I’m pretty sure it’s pretty clearly a cockerel and pretty clear not a light Brahma they still say light Brahma pullet!

EggWalrus

Free Ranging
Aug 14, 2017
Southeast Alabama
The pic with the girl has a Roo in it. Those pointy saddle and hackle (neck) feathers don't lie. If it was a girl the feathers would be fat and rounded off instead pointy and skinny.
Pullets will also have yellowish pink combs, where boys will be red red.

Jandsloch

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
Nw pa
The pic with the girl has a Roo in it. Those pointy saddle and hackle (neck) feathers don't lie. If it was a girl the feathers would be fat and rounded off instead pointy and skinny.
Whicg pic?

Jandsloch

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
Nw pa
No I see yes the pics with my kids is the same cockerel I specifically bought him. :) I had some others that were supposed to be girls and ended up boys but they killed by a dog so I ordered 4 light Brahma chicks from someone else...big mistake....first few pics have the 3 remaining recent “pullets”

Jandsloch

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
Nw pa
Update he started growing pointed saddle feathers...I now sent these off...,why is it so difficult for them to understand he is not a she! He started red wide 3 “rows” on comb at 4 weeks. I’ve been battling with them since!

Attachments

Latest posts

Top Bottom